22. έχθρα-Hatred

Romana's POV
_________________________________________________

I woke up with the worst pain ever, I couldn't move my legs and my lower stomach was killing me.

What the hell! Did Eros and I really go that hard? I blushed at the thought, he was really a beast.

I fought to turn over and get up out of bed.

Bed? but wait. How did I even get here? Last night was such a haze that I hardly even remember anything but definitely amazing.

I cleaned up, brushed my teeth and took a nice long hot, most definitely needed shower. I stepped out and instantly glanced at the paper in the trash, reminding me of the impending disaster that was near.

I just hope Eros didn't see it, I'd have to go though because they have my notes and laptop and to not make anything obvious I'd still have to do these interviews with Eros until next week cane around.

I'm not sure if I should listen to anything that woman has to say but, would it hurt? I walked out and quickly got dressed, then I heard a knock at the door.

My heart rate sped up but calmed when I heard Isabella's voice.

"Ms. Feretti, may I come in?" A warm feeling enveloped me, I like being around Isabella, she was my only friend.

"Sure" I answered then she came in bringing a tray full of food as usual. I greeted her with a smile and a grumbling stomach to which she laughed.

"Thanks bell" I said and she smiled.

"No trouble darling"

"When did you come?" I asked remembering that she leaves on Fridays, her eyebrows perked up and she quickly placed the tray down on the bed.

"Oh love, I never left" I silently gasped, complete horror taking over my face, she looked back at me with a mischievous smirk playing at her lips. She knew.. omg that's so embarrassing!

She heard everything... I should kill Eros, all that screaming and oh my God.

"Don't worrying Ms. Feretti, I heard nothing" I was dumbstruck and with that she left. I huffed and took only a slice of bread before storming out of my room and towards Eros's.

He wasn't in his office so he must be asleep, I banged on his door like I bloody owned the place and waited, chewing impatiently I heard nothing and went to bang on it again when the door flew open.

An enraged Eros stood, shirtless glaring at me like he wanted to rip my head off, I kinda cowered away at his piercing eyes.

"Ms. Feretti you'd better have a valid reason as to why your banging on my fucking door so loud" his voice was low and lethal and suddenly I forgot why I came here.

"Last night" I mumbled, now shying away under his gaze that didn't soften.

"What about it?" His patience was hanging by a thread and I was the Fucking scissors.

"Isabella was here and she heard everything!" Now it was my turn to act upset.

"So?" Was his reply, I looked up at him like he was crazy, mouth agape.

He sighed and scratched the back of his head "was this the reason you came banging on my door like that?" Now I seemed like the crazy one, I gave a sigh of my own and hung my head low.

"I'm sorry" I mumbled annoyed with myself.

"I've been reading your report and I must say I'm not pleased" my eyes shot up meeting his blank ones as he quickly changed the subject, panic set in and I wondered if he saw anything to do with Veronica in it.

"W-what do you mean?" I asked with a shaky voice.

"You've been here almost a month and all the shit you've gathered wouldn't even impress me that has no experience in journalism" I gulped at his harsh words, my anger flaring and my defense mechanism started to kick in.

I hugged myself, protective of him and his gaze. He didn't look at me like he did last night, he didn't talk to me like he did last night, he didn't reach out to touch me, ask if I was okay.

It was as if last night didn't even exist.

"You shouldn't say stuff like that" I said, tears fighting there way up the brims of my eyes, I fought them back.

To think he'd soften his gaze or apologize, it only became colder.

"What, the truth? Need I remind you of why your here Ms. Feretti so don't get comfortable" now I couldn't stop the tear that fell, and I was more upset at myself for being vulnerable Infront of a man like Eros in the first place.

"You're an asshole" I mumbled "a cold asshole" I added storming away.

"So, I've heard Ms. Feretti, now be ready in ten" was all he said stopping me in my tracks, I looked back at him, ready to give him a piece of my mind but he already closed his door with a soft thud. I grinded my teeth and continued my journey to my room in a fit of rage.

"Stupid stupid stupid!" I scolded myself, I came here to do one job and I messed it up. My parents would be disappointed in me, the thought stopped my rage and a wave of emotion came crashing down on me.

I crumbled to the floor, my hands flying to my mouth to stop the scream that threatened to escape. I cried and cried, I craved something, something other than this lingering pain my parents left, this need to feel loved and wanted was eating me alive and doing more harm than good for me.

Maybe Eros was right, focus on my job, get the life I've always wanted. Try to do something for myself that would make me and my parents proud.

So why? Why did I want a touch from the irritating man in the other room, why did I want him to want me, crave my touch in return. Why did I feel like I need him to fix me, when he himself was broken.

Why? And why me?

_________________________________________________

What do you think?
Was Eros too harsh or was Romana too attached?

One thing I wanted to point out though, I don't have the traits of a psychopath down pact therefore there is alot of fictional traits and characteristics of Eros that may not align with an actual medical diagnosis of what/who a psychopath really is.

If there are any suggestions please let me know, I do not wish to make fun of or downplay any mental illness, that is not and will never be my intention, This is strictly from my imagination with a splash of Google.

Also these chapters are unedited.. (edited now..)