- Baby kicks -

You're pregnant in this so...AGE 'EM UP to whatever age you want.

-----

You've been pregnant for almost six months with Vance's baby and you still haven't felt him kick.

Yes, its a him and when Vance found out it was a boy he ran around the house screaming and laughing. Also didn't sleep that night as he was too excited to close his eyes. You too found it difficult to close your eyes as that was also the day he asked you to marry him.

To be honest, Vance was the most excited out of the both of you. You were still excited as shit, but nothing could compare to the excitement Vance felt.

For the past few months he's being reading books on parenting, buying things for the baby, baby proofing everything with a corner and hiding things that might hurt the baby. All that stuff and the baby wasn't even born yet.

It made you happy to see Vance this happy.

You haven't thought about baby names yet though, the both of you had a talk about names and you mentioned family names but nothings ever stuck.

Other than that though, everything was perfect, except the fact you never felt little boy kick.

You asked your midwife about the delay as you were worried because most of your friends babies kicked around this time. But she just said it was normal and there was nothing for you to worry about.

"Has he kicked yet?" You hear your fiancé ask.

Right now you and Vance were leaning against the headboard of your bed, reading a book. Vance had never been caught dead reading a book until the baby was born, but this was the only way he could find out enough information on the situation so he shoved his ego down to the depths of hell and put his nose in a book.

You were leaning on his arm reading it with him, but barely paying attention, just staring at the page as you thought about the baby.

You shake your head at his question, sighing sadly and running your hand over your big stomach.

"No, I'm waiting for it though." You said.

Vance nodded and kissed your head causing you to smile softly before lifting your head so he could place the book down on the bedside table.

Vance switches off the lamp, the only light coming from the moon shining through the sheer curtains.

"It'll happen doll, don't worry," He wrapped his arms around you, shifting to get in a comfortable position, kissing your neck softly.

"I love you." He whispers and you smile.

"I love you more."

You feel him shake his head against your neck muttering a small noise of disagreement making you laugh slightly.

You feel his hand lift up your shirt slightly, running his hands over your bump softly lulling you into a peaceful sleep.

+++

An unusual sensation in your stomach causes you to wake from your slumber, looking over at Vance you see that he's no longer attached to your side but instead facing the opposite way.