The Secrets pt 3

You where in the bathroom getting ready for the day when you heard voices on the other side of the door. "Your brother is back today." "Yes I know. I just hope he doesn't overwhelm (Y/N). You know how he can get." "I'll remind him to behave. But more importantly have you told her yet? You know Thor isn't the best when it comes to secrets." "I don't think that will come up in conversation. I'm not even sure if I will tell her." "Well I would want to know if I was in her shoes. But I'm just an old woman." You hear Frigga's voice say and what you guess is her leaving the room. You can hear Loki sigh as he seems to walk closer to the bathroom door. "Are you almost ready (Y/N)? Do you need help from Tove?" He asks through the door. "Umm yes actually I can't seem to figure out these ties on my dress." "Ok I'll send for her." You can hear him walk away as your mind begins to race. What is Loki keeping secret? It seems important to make Frigga worried. You then start to think that he doesn't have to tell you anything. He respects your privacy and you should too.

"Brother!" You hear a voice shout from down the hall. You and Loki were making your way to the dinning hall for breakfast. You both turn to see a very large blonde man racing towards you. Loki acts quickly and moves away from you to try to keep you from being jostled around. He is scooped up into the large arms of his brother only to be crushed by them. "I've missed you." The blonde grunts as he squeezes Loki tighter. "Yeah missed you too now put me down please." He manages to say through a wheeze. Once back on the ground Loki smooths out his clothes and try's to regain some air in his lungs. "Thor this is (Y/N), my wife. (Y/N) this is Thor my brother." "Oh so you're the lucky lady. Or unlucky I should say being married to my brother and all." Thor teases earning a grumble from Loki. "Well I wouldn't say that. I've been happy with our marriage so far." You say as you give Loki a reassuring smile. "Well we can only hope it stays that away." Thor says as he kisses your hand. "We can continue this at breakfast." "Right breakfast. I'm starving." Thor makes his way to the dinning hall while you and Loki hang back for a moment. "Are you ok? He hugged you pretty hard." "Yes I'm fine. I'm used to it by now. Are you ok? I know how loud he can be." "Yes I'm fine. Does he always poke fun at you like that?" "Yes it's kind of something we all do to each other. We don't take it seriously. Why do you not like it?" "I was just worried he hurt your feelings." "Oh no. It would take a lot more then simple teases to do that. Thank you though. It's nice to know you have my best interests in mind." "Of course. That's what wives are for right." You giggle before walking into the dinning hall.

"So has he shown you his magic tricks yet?" Thor asks before taking a big bite of food. "Some things here and there but hasn't put on a show for me yet." You say earning a low chuckle from Loki. "Oh you should definitely show her Loki. Especially the one where you turn into a frost giant." "Thor!" Frigga shouts as the room falls silent. You have no idea what is going on so you look over at Loki who is mortified at what was just said. You try to reach out for him but he quickly gets up and runs out of the room. Frigga and Odin are staring daggers at Thor who just shrugs and returns to his food. "I feel like I should go talk to him." You say as you get up from your place at the table.

You find him in the library curled up in a corner crying softly. "Loki. Please tell me what's wrong." You say as you rest on your knees in front of him. "You weren't supposed to find out like this. I'm so sorry." "Find out what? I don't really know what's going on. What is a frost giant?" "You don't know what a frost giant is?" He asks looking up at you with tear stained cheeks. You shake your head no. He just stares at you confused for a bit till he clears his throat. "A frost giant is a large monster with blue flesh and can turn whatever they touch into ice. I'm a frost giant. There was a war and I was cast out to die but Odin found and adopted me. What you see is not my true form." "My I see you in your true form?" You ask as you take his hand in yours. He nods and slowly stands up. "In our room though." "Of course. Lead the way." "Come close I can get us there faster." He helps you to your feet and holds you close to him. With a green flash you're teleported into the middle of your bedroom. He helps you get steady on your feet before letting go. "You might want to sit down for this." He says as he gestures to an empty chair. You take the seat and wait. "I really hope I don't scare you with this." "Well I can't really make a promise not to be since I haven't seen it yet." "Right here it goes." He sighs as blue begins to replace his pale flesh. Markings on his forehead and chin appear. You look into his red eyes as they well up with tears. "Now you see me." He whispers as he tries to swallow a lump in his throat. You stand and walk closer to him. You examine all his new features. You move your hand to touch him but he backs away. "Please don't. I don't want to hurt you. My flesh can give you frostbite." "Oh ok. Well would you like to know my opinion on the matter?" "I know I'm ugly. But you don't have to see this again." "You're not ugly Loki. Far from it in fact." "Really? You don't think I'm a monster?" He asks, shocked at what you just said. "I think you're beautiful. Please don't ever call yourself a monster again. I know how hard showing me this is. Thank you. I have something to show you myself." You say as you reach for the ties on the back of your dress. "I have something that makes me ugly and since we are being vulnerable with each other I figure now is a good time for you to see." You manage to get the back of your dress open and you turn for him to see. "Remember how I said I made a promise to myself about wine and well alcohol in general?" "Y-yes." Loki stammers as he moves closer to you. "Well I was an alcoholic. I would spend most of my days drunk or passed out from being drunk. One day I was stumbling around, fell and took a table with lit candles with me. I couldn't feel that I was literally on fire." "Gods (Y/N) you could have died." "Yeah I could have but the gods had other plans. They gave me this ugly scar as a reminder to never touch alcohol or fire again." You say as a tear runs down your cheek. "So this is why you didn't want my hand on your back at the party?" You nod as you wipe your wet cheeks with your hand. "Does it still hurt? May I touch it?" "No doesn't hurt and yes you may." You feel the tips of his fingers brush against the peaks and valleys of your back. All the air seemed to be sucked out of your lungs and you can feel yourself shake. His arms wrap around your waist and he pulls you against his chest. "Hush darling there's no need for that. It's alright. Thank you for showing me." "Sorry to be a disappointment." "You could never. You call it ugly but I don't think it is. It's apart of you and you are beautiful. I was speechless when I saw you for the first time. I'm so glad you're my wife." He says softly against your ear before kissing it. He helps you close and tie the back of your dress.

That night you and tove come out of the bathroom after getting you ready for bed. Loki was setting up his lounge chair when you cleared your throat to get his attention. "I think I'm ready for us to share the bed. After todays events it would feel a little silly to sleep apart." "Only if you're sure." He says with pillow in hand. You look over at Tove who offers an encouraging smile. "Yes I'm sure. Plus it's a big bed there is plenty of room." Loki smiles and nods before returning the pillows to the open side of the bed. You say Goodnight to tove before pulling back the sheets. "You can always tell me to move back if you change your mind." "Good to know." You laugh as you start to get comfortable. Loki follows you into bed but stays sitting up to read his book. "Whatcha reading?" You ask scooting a little closer to him. "An elvish book." "Ooo sounds interesting. I've been told my family has elf ties but you can never really know for sure about those things." You say with a shrug. Loki brushes your hair back to reveal your ears and gently rubs them causing your eyes to flutter closed. "Hmm maybe, you do have a little point on the top. And you seem to like your ears massaged. That's an elvish trait." "I never knew that. Learn that in your book?" "Not this one. Would you like to sleep? I can turn off my light." He asks as he notices your eyes struggling to stay open. "No it's ok I'll just face this way. Goodnight Loki." You say through a yawn. "Goodnight dear." You couldn't help but smile when he calls you that.

You are long asleep when he finally closes his book. He looks over at your sleeping body and smiles. "Yeah I think we will work well together." He whispers to himself as he lays flat in bed. Just as he gets comfortable you roll over. You hand stretches out just grazing Lokis. He moves his hand closer so your skin can touch. He likes the warmth and softness of your hands. He wanted to hold your hand but didn't want to move too fast for your comfort. He settles with just a touch and falls to sleep.