16

Kaycee stood silently, deep in thought. Sean grew concerned for her mental state in the meantime. He couldn't comprehend how such a beautiful person could be put under such harsh circumstances. Despite the storm of emotions going on in her head, Kaycee still found Sean's hand to hold comfortably. Her chest rose and fell at a slower pace as she could finally be at peace.

Sean happily accepted her small hand, even going as far to place their intertwined hands in his lap after he sat down. "I can't believe you remembered this place." She murmured in astonishment.

The loving woman watched her boyfriend lean back on his free hand, burying it in the star magnolias around them. A grin settled on his lips as he saw just the reaction he desired from her. It was a nearly perfect view of the sunset, which reflected on their faces beautifully.

Once the couple left the police station, Sean wanted to steer her mind away from what occurred so he brought her to the place he knew she loved most.

"How could I not?" Sean scoffed with a knowing glance, not bothering to look away for a second. Kaycee blushed as she looked ahead at the beaming sun. "You never cease to remind me how amazing you are." She sighed, running a hand through her hair.

If Kaycee weren't fearful of losing Sean, she'd go on an entire tangent about how much she adored him. It wasn't just his good looks she'd completely fallen in love with. It was the look in his eyes when she came into a room, the way he'd lean forward whenever she told him a story or fact about herself, the way his touch held possession yet the utmost amount of care, his smile, his support in every decision she made..

As Kaycee got lost in thought, she wondered why she deserved Sean. What had she done to make herself worthy of his affection?

Her boyfriend could tell she was in deep thought so he pulled her into his lap, wrapping his arms around her waist securely. "What are you doing?" She asked, just above a whisper, looking down at him. Her legs straddled him as she completely faced him.

"Nothing, I just wanted you." He shrugged, leaning into her. She hummed in response, sighing in contentment. "What were you thinking about?" Sean asked, looking into her eyes.

"My boyfriend." Kaycee said, fiddling with her necklace anxiously. Her answer caused a wide smile to form on his lips, his hand resting on hers, halting the movement of her fingers. "And what about him?" She gave him a skeptical, yet playful glance.

"Can't tell you that." The woman declared, averting her gaze nervously. Sean's eyebrows furrowed before he held her impossibly closer. "Why is that?" He asked. His voice was soft yet dominant, intimidating even. His eyes swept over her face in an attempt to read her.

"Because you may get upset at me..and we're in a good place right now." Kaycee stated with hesitance, looking anywhere but at the man beneath her. Sean cupped her cheek gently, guiding her eyes to his. "Beautiful, I don't care about that. I'd be more upset if you didn't tell me at all. We talked about this." He said in a soothing tone. His thumb stroked her cheek lightly as they stared at each other.

With a sigh, Kaycee nodded, working up the courage to communicate. "I feel bad for putting you through this. You didn't sign up for this, you know? And I apologize for letting him touch me like that-"

"You didn't let him do anything! He forced himself onto you. You shouldn't feel bad for anything because one thing's for certain, this is not your fault and second, I did sign up for this. I knew I wanted you from the moment I saw you and whatever came with you, I was going to accept it with open arms." Sean exclaimed passionately. "As your partner, it's my job to be here. I want to be here."

His girlfriend sighed softly whilst reading her boyfriend's features. His eyes were fiery while his eyebrows furrowed and his lips held a slight frown. Kaycee brought a hand up to his face and kissed his temple. She repeated the gentle gesture until she felt his body relax.