Ch 605: Conditions

"If I have one thing to say about the food here, I have to say it's quite a letdown" Nian stared at the Ursus' speciality in front of her in disgust, "Can't we go to another shop? No, I changed my mind. Another country? Come Gege! Let's leave!"

Lin Ye chuckled at the divine being whining at him, "Nian, did you forget why we are here already?"

The two of them were now at a bar at Sokk. As he said, they did not have the time to waste. Eyja was getting worse by the second so he needed to move fast. After the meeting, Lin Ye went to Nian and told her to get ready to move. She did not even ask as she happily tagged along him into the car. Kal'tsit was not kidding that Sokk was just a day away from them. Lin Ye did not sleep as he drove the two of them to the small town.

When they got there, not much had changed about the town from when he last came here. Luckily for them, Yelena told them to wait at a place that he knew. A bar. The said bar that Lin ye found Yelena almost dying.

Not really an easy thing to forget about.

The two of them were now sitting at a table in the said bar. Nian got hungry and Lin ye had to order some food for them. And from her reaction, she was not fond of it.

"Eh?" Nian looked at Lin Ye, who was sitting in front of her in confusion, "Is it not for the food?"

"Who told you that?" He let out another chuckle at her answer, "And don't you eat every day at Rhodes Island? Are you really that hungry?"

"It's not my fault that the food there and here is not something I like," Nian said with her arms crossed in dissatisfaction, "The food on Rhodes Island and here is really bad. Not only is there no taste, but there is no soul in them."

"Is that so? Wait a minute," Lin Ye caught something from what she said, "Soul? What do you mean by that? Do you need souls to survive or something?"

Lin Ye thought about this and the idea of this being true was not out of possibility. Nian was a being that could be considered a god by this world. Lin Ye did not know what their diet was. Maybe gods here eat souls? Did Messiah eat souls?

He needed to ask her that when they met again.

"It's not that Gege!" Nian looked at him like he was an idiot, "The spiciness Gege! The spiciness is the soul of a dish! Without that, the dish could be a corpse for all I know! I need the food to fight back every time I take a bite out of it!"

Hearing how passionate she was, Lin Ye knew Nian really loved her spicy food. He could understand that. He loved spicy food. Did that mean he couldn't eat anything that was not burning his tongue? No. He would gladly destroy a cake if someone offered him one.

As Lin Ye was thinking about this, Nian was far from finished ranting. Like a good brother, he gave his ears to her and listened.

"Little brother can make something way better than what Rhodes Island serves," Nian grumbled, "Although, his dishes are not the best I have ever eaten."

Little brother?

Lin ye almost forgot that she had more siblings. From what she told him, her siblings were all around Yan now. Not like Nian, who slept in a cave, they were all awake doing their own separate things.

Will he meet each and every one of them?

Based on how his luck was, Lin ye liked to think that chance of happening was quite high.

Lin Ye smiled and tapped on the table. He looked at his hands and saw the black gloves that he wore. He used them to hide the lightning-like scars that decorated both of his hands. Getting other people worried was not something that was needed now. They must focus on Eyja's condition and not his.