Ch 607: Have Faith

"I did not expect for you to persuade her so smoothly," Kal'tsit said to him as she glanced at the window of the medical room. Through it, she saw Warfarin taking some blood samples from their new guest.

FrostNova of Reunion.

Kal'tsit knew of her. The woman in that room had some history with Rhodes Island. They clashed with each other on some expeditions. From what they gathered, the group that she was leading was named Yeti.

The group had a rather infamous reputation. Seeing the woman willingly being tested by the people she had a tense relationship with was something Kal'tsit did not expect to happen.

She glanced away from the two of them and to the person who was responsible for bringing her here on such short notice. His iconic jacket was not on his body, still being used to comfort Eyjafjalla's condition. Like her just now, Lin Ye was looking at the guest. When he felt her eyes on him Lin Ye pulled his gaze back to her.

"It took me a day to get here," Lin Ye hummed, "Nian is now resting in her dorm. I needed to go to the cafeteria to serve her the spiciest thing that they could make for her."

"I understand," She nodded.

After saying this, she went back to her main topic.

"Originally, I thought we needed some other way to get her here," Kal'tsit sighed, "I am ashamed to admit that I was considering doing what Warfarin suggested. Using some of our elite operators to capture her such as Shining or Saria. Maybe send some of our upcoming elites as a test to see if they are up to being elites."

"Of course, Warfarin suggested that," Lin Ye sighed, "And Shining? She is not really fond of using violence. Why were you considering her to do that?"

"Because it might help Liz's condition," She answered.

"Ah. You make a valid point," He nodded, "Glad that you did not do that then"

"... I really wanted to agree to Warfarin's proposal. You know the cure is important to us to perfect it," Kal'tsit said softly, "But in the end, I decided to trust you to bring her here without any trouble. And it seemed I made the right choice."

Lin Ye's eyes widened. Then he softened his expression at her, "I do not deserve so much trust from you."

"No, you deserve it." Kal'tsit shook her head and said, "After all, you have never made a mistake when relating to women in the years you joined Rhode Island. Seeing how succeeded in bringing FrostNova to us, it seems she was not an exception."

"..."

Lin Ye stared at her blankly. Kal'tsit stared back with the same expression. However, Lin Ye saw the slight twitch of her lips.

He pinched the bridge of his nose as he exhaled a heavy sigh.

"What did Ptilopsis say to you?" Lin Ye groaned.

A light chuckle escaped from her lips.

"Enough."

"... I see," He sighed and put down his hand, "Kal'tsit."

"Hmm?" She arched a brow at him.

"If you see a bald Liberi girl passing in the hall after this," Lin Ye stared at her seriously, "Ignore her."

She was confused at this but nonetheless nodded at him and stared back through the window.

"Good."

After dealing with that, a thought popped into his mind.

"Kal'tsit," He called again.

Kal'tsit stared at him.

Just as he was about to say something to her, he realised this might be something not to be heard by other people. He looked around the hall.