265: Playing with Death? (2)

Chapter 265: Playing with Death? (2)

Neji was expecting a meeting with the Gods of this world anytime since he became a God himself. Perhaps they'd want to greet the new God? Or perhaps they would want to eliminate him? In either case, Neji assumed they'd at least want to meet him.

In fact, since he was messing with souls that we're supposed to end up in Pure Land, the heaven for Ninjas made by Sage of the Six Paths, Neji even expected to see Hogoromo today. "Lord" Jashin was the least of his expectations.

Though thinking about it again, he should have anticipated so. He's been playing with people's death for a while now, after all, without paying any price whatsoever too.

Also, she was Tier 14. How strong was that? He had fought Tier 18 enemies before, but he also was stronger back then— so he shouldn't judge her with that angle. There were huge gaps between each Tier the higher it went, so she was stronger than Pain by a large margin— but how much exactly? As strong as the Madara and Hashirama duo? Or maybe, even Kaguya Ōtsutsuki?

Whatever the case, Neji wasn't worried. He could fuse and beat her in his sleep Probably. Unless she could call more Gods for backup. Maybe he could take on them too? He wasn't really sure.

"Mhm," Kurai on his shoulder hummed as she looked up at the woman. "She is beautiful."

Neji's ears twitched. Weird to hear her say it. Could it be that she was having weird thoughts? She was at that age too... But still, to think she had questionable taste such as being attracted to another girl. Neji realised it most likely was his influence, so he couldn't blame her.

"She is, yeah." Neji whispered to her.

"Yeah. Also, enormous death energy is around her." Kurai licked her lips. "She looks delicious. Mhm, one day I want to be like that."

Neji gave her an awkward smile before turning to Jashin.

"Apologies, my lady-" just as Neji said that he winced as he felt a strange pain in his chest. "What? M'lady Luck, was that you? Can you stop getting jealous?" He grumbled. "Why don't you help me out if you are not even gonna let me talk?"

Neji yelled in the air, getting no response from Lady Luck, while the Goddess of Death stared at him dryly.

"You," she then pointed a finger at Kurai. "I wish for you to become my familiar. You will feel good around me, around this realm of death and darkness, if you do so. Leave him and come to me, and I may even let him go unharmed."

Neji stopped yelling at Lady Luck, pausing, before he slowly looked back at the woman.

He frowned.

He didn't mind people hitting on his girls if they didn't know the girls were already taken. After all, it was natural for people to go after beautiful women. But if they did know the girls were taken yet tried their luck... Well, let's say it never went. This situation was similar to that, yet somehow more serious. Because Jashin was hitting on Kurai, his familiar, daughter, and little cutie pie.

"You better be kidding." Neji hissed.

Hearing his cold, sharp tone, Kurai giggled proudly. "Did you hear that, woman? Papa may not be the best father, but he's the one I love. I am not leaving him."

"A pity." The Goddess said, ignoring Neji's tone and rather gesturing her chin at them. "Traumerei, take care of them."

Immediately a figure jumped out from behind her throne, stopping in front of Neji. He had green hair and an eerie face mask, coupled with a thick jacket that he wore over his kimono.