𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔 → 𝐌𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐄 𝐊𝐍𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐋𝐄𝐒

Apologies for the long wait, @ImJustASadPotato !!

Faint rain drizzled over the broad daylight. Droplets were thin and elongated, and clouds hazing the sky were bright and pale. Dusk prickled the frail cotton splitting in the centre once the cold precipitation became too much to handle, dabbing lightened yellow and baby pink to the horizon like a soft watercolor canvas. Darkness would be expected in gloomy conditions such as this, but one may anticipate the appearance of a rainbow under this light.

Tarmac below was drenched, rainfall varnishing the asphalt polishing the road like millions of tiny crystals. Some dribbled without the strength to hold where the road was sharply torn, ruptured underneath and leaving the streets to seem like an earthquake had snaked beneath minutes ago. It was like a knife had been sent on a gruesome mission to demolish the hard work put into laying the road, leaving a harsh scar beneath said tarmac with grains of crumpled black spilt underneath.

Fog gathered over the road in an immovable mannerism like an unpleasant scent, clinging to the soggy air and blurring the landscape like it were a glance through frosted glass. It was indeed a peculiar weather occurrence, and the rain kept on coming. Although they remained thin in shape and moist texture, they still hammered the ground and left it tarnished with an untouchable wet gloss painted with such a shine its dampness could be seen from space.

"You... DECEIVER!!"

"HOW COULD YOU DO THIS!!??"

"Dis... HONOUR!!"

The fragile mist shuddered from the force Knuckles' voice sent shivering through the softly chilled air, and the pressure his fists applied to the road that yearned to experience no more damage just for a few minutes. His jagged teeth latched onto his lower lip, refusing to be withdrawn back into his mouth boiling over with saliva foamed from enragement. His gaze - piercing. Two amethysts, burning in colour. An intimidatingly strong violet, blazing so hard it almost collapsed into crimson.

He kept said stare firmly locked to where his fists pounded, concentration clearly the source of his pupils slicing thinner than usual. Bolts of magenta danced over those eyes, bleeding into the purple to form that odd touch of red. His quills sparked similarly, electrical discharge leaking from their deadlock style born from his echidna origin and making his whole arched body appear alight in flames from a distance. His muzzle laced with a silky peach was scrunched above the nose, trying to drive his eyes to squint but with just too much power to restrain.

His fists hammered against the body his knees had pinned to the ruinous road, and Knuckles could feel this electrical energy seep through his skin where it rippled above. His spine shivered as it kept himself curved forward so his fists had the most potential to channel enough strength in close proximity, as if lightning jolted in the very core of his bones. Another core could sense the entire action - the planet. Earth's fiery heart trembled deep beneath the soggy ground, each rumble breaking all the way through its muscly crust.

Knuckles could sense a headache coming on, but that didn't tug at the reigns. His body shook with so much force it made him incredibly dizzy, but he did his upmost to shrug it off. His vision began to blur, flooded by pixilated artwork and the sleek lines carved into ice at microscopic distance. His wrists cracked with every punch, but the pounding sound hummed it into silence. He could hear his breaths losing energy, slowly but surely, so the trained echidna pushed all his final bursts of effort into a thump he knew would end the fight.

A macabre crunch, suspiciously followed by a sickening laugh. Knuckles drew his fist back, his arm twinging at the elbow, and a deathly glare piercing the body below him. He was perplexed for sure, this brutal violence not intended to trigger a response sounding so entertained. It nauseated him through his weeping chest, and his muzzle softened as if he awaited an explanation.