Episode 4: Red Snow!

Several months later...

The snow had fallen, and in the forest was a young woman running for her life. Her face filled with panic as she is desperately trying to breath as she runs. Hot on her tail is one very hungry demon.
"I love when my prey cries of desperation! The fear in your voice and in your eyes get me off so much! Hahahaha!"
As the demon leaped in front of his prey, his aroused expression and salivating mouth was fear inducing that the woman was barely able to scream out of fear. Before the demon could strike at the woman, in an instant, the woman vanished out of sight.
"Huh?! What the hell?!"
The demon was looking around and smelled to his far left the trace of the women, but it was now accompanied by another smell. In the demon's line of sight, he saw a blue haired individual who had the woman in his hands before putting her down.
"Who the hell are you?! Give me back my food!"
The demon yelled as it started charging towards the young man.
As the demon moved closer, Aokime unsheathed his sword and dashed towards the demon as he took a deep breath.

"Breath of Ice - Seventh Form..."

"Winter's Waltz!"

Art By Mico!

Aokime, utilizing his breathing style, swiftly putting an end to any demon that crosses his path. The demon wasn't able to keep it's eye on his prey as Aokime was moving faster with each step he took, until an echoing slash could be heard ringing all throughout the forest. Just as every demon that faced Aokime, they all fell before him. Aokime continued to fight each and every demon he can, never letting any innocent life to ever be lost under his watch. His name was slowly being recognized by the higher ranked demon slayers that he would meet a very familiar face that night.

"Well this is unexpected. You became a demon slayer after all. I didn't think you would do it."
Aokime knew the sound of that voice as he turned around. Standing there next to the woman he saved he saw a short girl with purple eyes and a butterfly haori.
"Oh hey there. You're uh... Shinobu right?"
"You actually remembered my name after so long, Aokime. Good to know your memory is working well.
From the first time they met, the difference was noticeable and it really showed how fast time had gone by. However, Aokime was curious to know why Shinobu was here.

"What brings you around here?"
"Well the crows said a large demon was hunting down innocent people by the village here. I thought I was the only one nearby but it looks like you were closer to the call then I was."
"Oh ok. Well thankfully it's been taken care of, but I'll keep looking around to make sure no stragglers were left alive."
Shinobu started chuckling which made Aokime confused.
"Did I say something funny?"
"Not at all. I am just surprised to see how much you have grown from the last time we met."
"Well... you haven't grown much since you're still the same height."
Within that second, a blade was next to Aokime's neck which caught him by surprise.
"My my~ quite the sly tongue you have. I'll let you off with a warning this time, but refrain from calling me short again. Alright?"
Shinobu was smiling but a nerve was very present on her temple, which made Aokime start sweating.
"Y-yes ma'am."
Shinobu smiled before retracting her blade away from Aokime and sheathing it away.
"Good. Now I am curious to ask, what motivated you to be a demon slayer?"
Aokime was taken aback by her question due to how quickly her demeanor changed.