49: Mirth

(Chapter - 49)

(Chapter - 49)

"How did she collapse?" Jay asked Sunoo, who was examining her pulse. Sunoo left her wrist after taking a glimpse of her face and sighed. "Nothing serious, she seemed to have fainted due to exhaustion." He said, reading everyone's expressions in the room.

"Jungwon, you did something, didn't you?" Sunoo spoke up, causing everyone to turn their eyes towards the mentioned person who had uneasiness on his face due to the stares he was receiving. "What did you do?" Sunghoon asked him, causing tension to rise in the room.

"Spit it out!" Sunoo stepped forward and grabbed him by his shirt, having enough of the drama being created for the past five minutes. "I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING! WHY DO YOU ALWAYS POINT ME OUT?" Jungwon raised his voice at his older brother, but regretted it immediately after he glared at him with his foxy eyes. Unfortunately, it was too late now. Sunoo slapped him in front of others, leaving an imprint on his face. "Calm down you both! She must have fainted due to roaming here and there." Jake justified as he stood in between the younger siblings.

Heeseung shook his head and walked towards Sunoo. "I punished her. Not literally physically, but mentally, it would have been a tough time." He spoke, his voice getting softer after every word.

"You really did that? I thought you were joking about the punishment part!" Sunghoon gasped in shock while pinching his forehead. "See! I was just about to tell you it was him." Jungwon said as he nudged Sunoo. "You were doing nothing but creating a drama, okay?" Sunoo retorted sassily. "I agree!" Niki said, while raising his hand, only to receive a hard stare from Jungwon. "Whatever, I am leaving. I am not going to crowd up the room." Jungwon commented as he left the room. "He is right. You all, except for Sunoo and Sunghoon, can leave." Heeseung stated as the others dispersed from the room.

"Why did you decide to do that despite knowing how severe our ties are with her currently?" Sunghoon asked him, not believing that he had acted so foolishly despite being the smartest in the group. "She was getting out of hand and if something happened to her, it would be us facing the consequences, not her. You know dad well." Heeseung explained, causing the latter to nod his head in agreement.

"Brother?" Y/N spoke in a frail voice as she could get a glimpse of Sunoo, who was sitting beside her, tapping her head lightly. Sunoo immediately looked towards her sister, who was looking at him with her half-opened eyes, having a bit of confusion written on her face. "Are you alright, Y/N?" Sunghoon approached her and made her sit straight and put a pillow behind her back, looking towards her with concern. "I am fine." She replied as she looked at him. She remembers that he was the one who saved her that time. She let her feet hang as she sat sideways on the bed, and before she could stand up, Sunoo interrupted.

"Where do you think you're going, little missy?" He asked her, looking at her with a stern expression. "To my room?" Her answer changed into a question as she read his face. He took a deep sigh and said, "See, you are in no condition to roam around right now. Better sleep with Sunghoon hyung for today. Don't worry, he doesn't bother anyone." He said, a smile taking over his face as he observed her immediately making herself comfortable back again.

"And you better not try to escape like the last time." After ruffling her hair with his hand, Sunoo left the room, leaving behind Sunghoon and Heeseung, who was apparently in the room owner's walk-in closet, picking up some clothes that he wanted and still was not seen by Y/N.

"Why do I even need to escape? It's not like I need to. I am quite good-" Y/N stopped speaking midway as soon as she got a glimpse of Heeseung, who appeared from the walk-in closet. "Hi, Y/N. I am sorry for before, but it was for your own good. We don't want you to get into any sort of trouble now that you know who we are. You should listen to us and obey us. We are not really going to force something on you that will put you in danger, right?" Heeseung placed the clothes on the couch and walked towards Y/N with his usual calm face. "I am s-sorry, I will listen to you and others from now on." Y/N said as Heeseung embraced her, patting her back.

"Moreover, you should approach us whenever you feel down or if you have that instinct that something is not right, okay?" "Okay, brother." She replied him back, detaching from the hug. "Okay, now close your eyes." "Why?" She asked him. "Just don't open your eyes. I will be back in a minute." Heeseung instructed her as he grabbed the gift box from the shelf. "Good, open your eyes now." Heeseung smiled as he saw her beaming at the box. "NINTENDO SWITCH?!" She screamed in excitement, forgetting about her weakness, and hugged her eldest brother tightly.

"Thank you so much for the gift, brother! I was recently planning to get one." She sang. "Where is my gift, hyung?" Sunghoon looked towards him with puppy eyes. "In my pocket, wait a second..." Heeseung said as he fished his pants pocket, looking towards Sunghoon with a smile, who had a happy face. "Aha! Here it is!" Heeseung exclaimed as he made a finger-heart for him, causing Sunghoon to immediately drop his smile. "I always keep some love in my pocket to gift people, you know. I have got a big heart, unlike you." He stuck his tongue out as he told Sunghoon.

"Let's do a gaming night, shall we?" Heeseung asked them both with a smug face. "Okay! We are in!" Sunghoon said as he switched on his PS5 and grabbed the gaming consoles until the game loaded. "But if Sunoo comes in, he will beat up all three of us." Sunghoon told them. "Don't worry, he won't scold me. Worry about yourself. I play games every night." Heeseung laughed as he laid down on the couch.

To Be Continued...

So the chapter forty-nine is out! Hope you enjoyed reading it, if you did please do vote for this book. If you guys want to give me some suggestions, you are always welcome!

Anyways, please stay healthy and follow my profile on wattpad!

Credits for the header to the owner, I don't own that, but the story banners belong to me.

《Stay tuned for the updates》

Till then byeeeeeee~~~👋🏻👋🏻