{Nayeon} - appendicitis - TWICE tenth member

A shaky breath fell from your lips as you finally got the chance to sit down.

You just finished doing sound check for tonight's show in new york city and you did your best to put on a brave face and act as though nothing was wrong for the last couple of hours.

But there was something wrong.

You're not sure what it is but the pain that started off in the middle of your stomach earlier that wasn't all that bad to start with was getting to be more difficult to brush off as something minor.

It was getting intense and other things were coming along with it, such as feeling sick to your stomach and the chills.

Seeing how quiet you are caused the girls to worry.

Jihyo being the caring and protective leader that she is was the first to pick up on you feeling unwell and she was the first to come over and check on you.

"Y/N, are you alright?" She asked as she sat down next to you.

You didn't speak. You just closed your eyes and wished that you could just feel better.

You put your head back and groaned quietly, feeling the pain in your lower right abdomen become sharp and even more painful.

Jihyo stared at you in concern and her worry only grew when she saw you shivering.

"Someone bring Y/N a blanket, please!" Jihyo said as she reached over and put her hand on your shoulder.

The one to hear Jihyo's plea was Nayeon and she quickly brought the blanket over to you.

She just thought you were falling asleep on the couch and Jihyo wanted you to sleep well and be cozy so she wanted to cover you up.

But she froze when she saw just how terribly sick you looked.

"Is she alright?" She asked Jihyo as they both had you relax on the sofa and covered you up.

"I don't know," Jihyo said as Nayeon placed her hand on your forehead.

"She's got a fever."

By now, the other girls had noticed that something wasn't right, and they were all looking on in concern.

"Y/N, tell us what's wrong. What are you feeling?" Nayeon asked as she ran her hand along your forehead gently.

Not wanting to worry them, you tried to continue to act tough and pretend as if nothing was wrong, even though you all knew something wasn't right.

"Nothing."

"Y/N, don't do that," Jeongyeon caringly lectured. "Don't lie. We know you're not feeling well. Tell us why."

You parted your lips to take in a shaky breath before opening your eyes as your stomach turned.

"I think I might throw up."

Tzuyu was quick to grab one of the garbage cans in the room, rushing to put it in front of you.

Nayeon comfortingly rubbed your shoulder as you squeezed your eyes shut, feeling sicker and more miserable than you have in so long.

"Is it the flu?" Dahyun asked as she looked at Jihyo.

"No." You answered just before Jihyo got the chance to do so. "I'm not sick with the flu."

"What do you think it is then, lovely?" Chaeyoung asked. "Because you seem awful."

"Could it be food poisoning?" Mina asked as she looked between you and the girls with worried eyes.

"It can't be. I had the exact same thing she did before the soundcheck and I feel perfectly fine." Sana said.

"I think it might be my appendix."

That caught the girls by surprise because it hadn't even been one of the things on their minds.

"Other idols have had it before and I feel just like they did."

The girls felt even more afraid now.

That was a completely different and much more scary thing to deal with than the flu.

"We need to get you to the emergency room," Nayeon said as she rubbed your back as the nausea returned, stronger than before.

"I'll be okay." You mumbled. "I'm sure I can make it through the concert tonight and then I'll go after."

"You can't be serious." Momo scoffed. "With how sick you look and feel right now? You can hardly move off of that couch. How do you think you can perform?"

"I'll manage. I'll be okay." You said as you looked at your members with eyes full of sadness and fear.

"No, we're not letting you do this to yourself," Nayeon said. "I know you must be scared but your health comes before everything else, even concerts."

"Nayeon's right. You're going to the hospital. We'd rather you miss one or two shows than every one from this point forward. If you don't get this treated, it'll be much worse." Chaeyoung said.

You knew that they were right but you've never missed any concerts that you've put on together since your debut almost seven years ago.

You know a lot of fans will be disappointed and the thought breaks your heart.

But they're right.

You need to get this fixed before anything else.

So when Jihyo said she was going to call for an ambulance, you didn't argue.

You just let her.

When the medics arrived, Nayeon was holding back your hair and the girls were all comforting you as best as they could as you got sick and groaned from the severe pain that you were in.

"We think she has appendicitis," Jihyo explained to one of the medics.

They agreed with that as you showed all of the signs and symptoms and knowing that you'd need emergency surgery, they put you on a stretcher.

"Nayeon?" You tearfully and fearfully spoke her name.

She hurried to your side and took your hand as you held it out for her.

"Please come with me."

You needed comfort and there was no one else that you wanted it more from than Nayeon.

"Go with her. You can keep us all updated and stay by her side as much as possible." Momo said and Nayeon nodded before brushing her fingers across your hand in comfort.

When you were loaded into the back of the ambulance and the doors closed, Nayeon held your hand a little tighter as the pain continued to overwhelm you.

"It's okay, y/n. You're going to be okay. I'm right here with you." She said as she kissed your forehead. "Everything's going to be just fine."

You squeezed her hand and opened your eyes to look into hers, finding her sending you a comforting smile.

"Thank you for being here with me."

"Happily, darling." She said as you closed your eyes and took a deep breath.

It was going to be a scary afternoon and a long night but you know, in the end, you're going to feel much better.

And you have Nayeon by your side for as long as she can be there and that brought you the comfort you needed more than ever.