Chapter 22: Where The Bag At?

Where the bag at? Nigga, where the bag at?
Where the bag at? Nigga, where the bag at? (Uh)
Own crib, own car, yeah, you like that
Slick mouth, pussy great, yeah, you like that
Bad bitch, cute face, yeah, you like that
Don't be surprised if I ask where the bag at

I turned my head as I actually stepped foot into my new home. It was a nice, decent sized home that looked like it could fit a five to six person family with its huge ceilings, open space, and there were 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. I loved the staircase in the foyer, my kitchen was beautiful and filled with stainless steel, and the master bedroom just made me fall in love.

"Damn, girl. I'm so glad I decided to come live with you cause this shit is too crazy!", Paula yelled from her bedroom which was across from mine but a little down the hall. "I have a Jacuzzi tub in my bathroom!"

I rolled my eyes and tossed down my bags that I brought. We weren't officially moving in until a week from now but I wanted to check it out and see how nice it was.

"Baby, I'm in love," my brown skinned friend jumped on my back as I tried to mentally measure the spaces for my furniture I was going to be ordering.

We laughed like idiots as I dropped to the floor pretending she was too heavy for me. I was so grateful for this moment. My best friend decided to move all this way away from her family and her favorite place just to live with me. It was super sweet and I loved her so much for that.

"What are you thinking?", she asked me as I felt my eyes getting watery.

I tried to smile through my tears but that didn't work so I just covered my face. The tears were happy tears but I just couldn't help feeling like I didn't deserve such a great friend.

She hugged me tightly, rubbing my shoulders and giving me words of encouragement. She had no idea why I was crying but she would do anything to make me feel better.

"Stop! When you cry, I cry," she joked but her tone was serious. We would cry whenever we saw the other crying because it was never something we saw too often.

You have to really affect one of us to make us cry.

"Thank you for this. I'm not just saying for moving here and standing in the sun with me but... you real life were my best friend for all these years and I consider you a second sister."

I saw her eyes grow wet and tried to wipe away her tears. We were both crying and wiping at each other's tears stained cheeks when a knock at the door took our attention.

A man in a sheriff's uniform stood at the door of my bedroom.

"Excuse you."

"Uhm, yes... I'm Chief Unser and I was just making a stop because your neighbors were concerned. They saw -"

"Two Black women entering a house and thought, hmm, that sure looks suspicious?", I snapped at the outright racism we had been shown the last couple of times we were here.

The Chief stumbled on his words but didn't back down. He finally got his train of thought back on track and decided to welcome us.

"Hey, I have a black wife so I'm not racist or nothing. I just got the call and wanted to make sure everything was on the up and up. That's all," he raised his hands on defense.

"You don't remember us, Chief?"

"You're the girls who flew through this town like a bat out of Hell."

Paula laughed. She was very proud of her skills and I couldn't help but be proud of them as well. But we weren't about to implicate ourselves in nothing.

"We don't know nothing about that, Chief, but we are trying to get settled in our new home. So if this visit is over..."

I tried to be polite but he did just walk into my home without my permission or a warrant at that. He might not understand this but just because we were in a little town doesn't mean I don't demand that we have boundaries. Especially being black women.

Don't invite the devil in unknowingly.

We walked him out and just as I turned to slam the door in his face, I gave him a piece of my mind.

"And if you ever step foot in MY house without a warrant or a formal invitation, I'll shoot you where you stand," a smile grew on my face as a deep set frown appeared on his.

The door shut and Paula gave me a look.

"Bitchhhhh..."

"Well within our Constitutional rights... plus you think I came without protection?"

"Let's just go get some food before we head back to where the black people are," she joked.

If it don't make money, it don't make sense
That nigga ain't had the money, he ain't see me since (ha)
Hmm, what the fuck you niggas think this is?
I ain't no petty ass bitch, play with your kids
I need a brand new crib just to fuck in
Two seater Benz coupe just to suck in
Five racks for the shoes just to club in
Maybe you can eat the pussy after lunch then
He want a bitch from the city, pussy good, titties pretty
Cook a meal, roll a Philly, pay a bill just to kiss me

The last place we expected to be was a food truck a few miles from the house but I wanted some tacos and this hood seemed like it knew its way around some good food.

"Oooh, extra jalapeños." Paula scooped the extra spicy, green bits onto her tacos and did her little shoulder dance.

I laughed at her but poured an equally spicy amount of hot sauce on my tacos. We loved us some spicy Mexican food.

"Oye lindas damas!", a Mexican dude came over with this cocky smirk on his face.

"English?"

"What two fine hynas doing over here on this side of town?", he asked draping an arm over Paula as he sat down beside her.

"Minding our business." She gave me a look before turning to the idiot who came over like he was about to pick one of us up.

"Can't be. Not on my turf, you ain't...", he ran a hand over his kutte and I raised a brow, unimpressed. "Blacks don't belong on my side of town."

"Look, we ain't in no damn gang and it shouldn't matter where we eat some fucking tacos! What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with you, punta?"

Paula snapped.

She pushed his arm off of her and stood up ready to punch him. I grabbed her hand and pulled her back so that we could just get away from this asshole. A problem didn't need to happen.

"We'll leave."

"You better, black bitch."

The last straw of course made me push Paula back as I reached in my purse. My eyes searched behind him to find he was by himself but just up the way were a couple of his buddies just talking and laughing. I found my gun and clicked off the safety with a warning look.

"Get the fuck out of our face!"

"Or what?", he stepped up to us.

"You heard her!" I heard a gun click behind me and knew that Paula had pulled it from somewhere either under that skirt or out of her shoe because she didn't have a purse. "Now back the fuck off! Before we have to set it off."

"You on my turf, lil mama."

A group of men stepped over to us and I knew we had to get the hell out of here before I had my first shoot out in a new hood.

I pointed my gun at them like Paula before we backed up, not really trying to egg on the situation but keep us protected from any surprise attacks. We made it to the car and I took in a deep, shuddering breath.

"Are you sure you can handle it here?"

"That will never happen again," I said simply.

My mind was set on making sure that I got to have my life, my home, and my friend without all the troubles that came with being in Charming. I was going to make sure we got the protection we needed.