Mind control SPOOKTOBER- 1

I fr need to get back into writing and just on time,  Eccentric_Grace comes out with the spooktober prompts! I think this is like my 3rd year doing this??? Damn 💀 (edit: I skipped last year and legit don't remember??)

Bossman: kid
Bossman: something freaky's going on
Child: wdym
Child: was this worth interrupting my movie marathon

Tony sits on his couch, awkwardly patting his legs. He glances at the avengers, his friends, who are particularly odd today. Sure, they've all got a screw or two loose but today? Whole new category of weird.

They're all at the dinner table, every single one of them, just sitting with stiff, uncomfortable looking posture. Staring at nothing and unmoving for quite some time now.

Bossman: idk they're all just sitting there like robots
Child: woah weird
Child: wait are you kerpranking me
Child: they're prob messing with you tbh
Bossman: kerpranking?? Christ, why do you use so many abbreviations
Child: it's a reference. And bc I want 2
Bossman: I- never mind kid it's probably nothing. Have fun with your date
Child: ITS NOT A DATE

Tony grins down at his phone despite his nerves and decides to leave the kid on read because he knows how much he hates it. He glances at the team again and finally, after some internal conflict he's never had to deal with in his life, he speaks. "Uh, guys? Anyone home? You're all being weirder than usual and Peter seems to think you've all... pranked me??"

No reaction. Not even a blink. Now that he's standing up close, he can see the cloudiness of their eyes.

What the fuck.

"Hello?"

He waves a hand in front of Steve's face and jolts with a shriek (not his proudest moment) as a large hand latches around his wrist. Painfully.

"Woah- hey what's going on? Cap?"

In a horrifically synchronised motion, they all stand and snap their necks to face Tony. He pulls at Steve's grip, though, he should've known it would be useless; but if anyone knew Tony, it was Rogers. And if he wasn't mind-controlled or whatever the hell this was, he'd remember Tony is probably the most paranoid person to ever exist and he always, always has some sort of tech on him. By pure luck, he happened to grab the wrist where his totally badass Stark-watch is.

"FRIDAY," he barks.

"On it."

First, his eye twitches and Tony expects him to let go because now he can literally hear the sizzling of his watch, burning the skin of his palm. Behind the cloudy grey of his eyes, he sees pain and Tony feels so, so bad about that.

Steve finally lets go and hunches over, cradling the wounded hand. Tony jolts to the side in surprise as the rest of them mimic the movement. As if... they've been burnt too.

This has got to be one guy in control of all of them.

Tony makes a break for it but he doesn't get far before he's encased in the red that could only be Wanda's.

Fuck.

His limbs freeze in place before he's thrown against a bookshelf, the expensive wood splintering against the weight of his body and falling to the floor along with him. He groans and tilts his head back to at least try to imagine a place where he could have just one normal freaking day.