CHAPTER 12: Deception

Anurag's pov

I entered the bedroom and found her drying her hair. I stood in shock for sometimes. My heart is hammering so loud. She stared at me and frowned after seeing my condition.

"What happened?"- she asked me.

I stayed silent for some time. Unable to form even a single word. How can it be true? Mira can never do that. She has some ethics in her life. I know her from her childhood.

She came infront of me and held my hand. I averted my gaze in pain.

"Hey,,Anurag.... now you are scaring me, just tell me what happened..."- she tried to turn my face towards her by holding my chin.

I stared into her eyes.

"A lady just called in your phone and she asked to resend your urine sample tomorrow for pregnancy test....the sample you provided yesterday has been destroyed......and...."

"Wait wait wait......what???? What the hell are you saying Anurag? Pregnancy test?? Oh my god...you have mistaken something.....i never provided any sample....."- Mira almost shouted out.

My all clouds vanished into thin air. I smiled like a fool. I don't want any other proof.

Within a second i pulled her waist and hugged her tightly. May be for the first time, i dared to do something like that.

I pulled her closer and engulfed her fully. She is just a handful. I smiled while burying her on my chest.

The thing which made me more happy was her heartbeat. I felt it too. She is also shocked i guess. She never expected something like that from me.

"Anu...rag....."- she stuttered.

I immediately left her. Some kind of awkward silence came between us. And i walked out of the bedroom smiling like a fool.

After having dinner, i picked my pillow and was going out but she stopped me.

"Anurag, please, don't embarrass me like this....we can share the bed"

Shock would be the understatement for me. I stared at her in confusion. She smiled softly. She snatched the pillow from my hand and went near the bed.

After placing it to the right side, she giggled gently.

"I always prefer the left side....now come..."- she showed me the place beside her.

I gulped hard. It's too much for me to handle. In one way i felt like to not rush like this but my newly explored side pushed me hard to join her in the bed. I literally felt goosebumps when she laid down beside me.

She smiled at me like an angel. I was totally under her charm. I smiled back. We both were staring at each other silently without any word.

"You are very beautiful Mira"- i spoke my heart without hesitation.

She bite her lips and smiled broadly.

"Your smile is so heavenly"- i said.

"You are making me uncomfortable..."- she blushed.

Oh God! My heart has sped up when i found the red tinge on her cheeks. I moved uncomfortably in my position.

A different kind of urge played over my body and mind. I felt like to hold her near my chest and play with her locks. To caress her face, nose, lips. I want to hold her hand and kiss her soft palms.

"Anurag...."- she called my name.

It felt like a music to my ear. I kept staring at her with my dreamy eyes.