(Season 2) Chapter 4 Black and White

No one's POV

As Aishia continue to wrap Sora in healing light after getting hit with an aurora beam from nowhere, Sora continue to stay unconscious. Hajime and Yue immediately went to their side in a panic.

Aishia: Sora, answer me!

Yue: Big Brother! Big Brother!

Hajime: Damn it, what the fuck was that?!

Shea and Tio had never seen Aishia, Yue and Hajime so panicked. Hajime fumbled through his pockets and pulled out a vial of Ambrosia that he quickly fed to Sora. He was in pretty bad shape. So much of right arms had been burned off that bone was showing. The right side of his face was bleeding profusely. Worst of all, though, his stomach had been burnt black. The fact that his organs were intact was a testament to how much he'd grown since fighting the Hydra.

In the moment he'd had before the aurora struck, Sora had twisted his body away from it while simultaneously activating a barrier Spirit Art and Diamond Skin's derivative skills, Focused Hardening and Diamond Protection. Thanks to that he'd been able to protect his head with his hardened left arm, while at the same time he saved his lungs and heart with his right. His stomach had been protected with monster leather that he'd enchanted with Diamond Protection. Most importantly, his ridiculously high Magic Defense stat kept the aurora from melting right through him. His wounds were certainly terrible, but not fatal.

Shea: Sora, get it together!

Tio: Will the potion that healed Shea and everyone work?

Hajime: Damn it, the effects are too slow!

Yue: No... Big brother...

Aishia: Say something... Please!

Aishia's impatience showed on her face. The Ambrosia was barely healing Sora.

Back when they'd been fighting the Hydra, Sora had been demolished by this same light when he was protecting Hajime and Yue. Yue'd sworn to herself on that day that she'd never let something that terrible happen to Sora ever again. And yet, it had happened again. This was the exact same situation. Her mouth twisted in grief, her frustration at being unable to save her Big Brother spilling over into her expression. Unfortunately, their enemy wasn't going to give her time to grieve.

Hajime and Tio: From above!

Yue: Ah.

Aishia: Oh no—

Just as Hajime and Tio shouted out their warning, countless beams of light rained down on Aishia and Yue. They were all miniaturized versions of the first blast that had hit Sora. Most of them had hardly a tenth of the strength the first one had, but even that was enough to kill most people. Aishia and Yue had been too caught up in feeding Sora Ambrosia to notice the attack. It was only when Hajime and Tio screamed out their warning that Aishia and Yue looked up. There wasn't any time to cast a spell, as the light would have hit her far too quickly.

Tio: I won't let you! Cloudburst!

Fortunately, Tio managed to buy the time Aishia and Yue needed. Cloudburst was an intermediate-rank wind spell. It created a compressed wall of air, which Tio used to hold back the deadly light. The wall of wind bent inward as the light hit it. Normally, it would rebound whatever attack struck it, but when faced against an attack this powerful it was all Tio could do to keep the wall from shattering. Even then, she could only hold the wall for a few seconds. Still, few seconds was more than enough.

Aishia and Yue: Hallowed Ground!

Hajime: Cross Bits!

Aishia and Yue cast the strongest barrier spell they knew. Hajime summoned Cross Bits.