Control Center

"Hey, Meader! You got your clothing back on yet?" I yell from around the corner

"Yeah, You're good." She replies

"Alright."

"So," She asks as she puts on the tac vest, "What should we do? I mean, we don't even know where we are. We could be underground; we could be miles away from your complex or house. What's your glorious plan?"

"Well, for once, I don't have a plan." I state, "I don't even have an idea as to where we should even begin."

"Then, let's just start walking the halls. We'll find an exit or something sooner or later."

We start a long and silent walk down the hallway. We don't talk to each other for the longest time. Really, I think we are just trying to cope with what had just occurred in the past hour or so that we were inside the building. For the most part we walk down the hallway as it twists and turns. After truing left for the third time the hallway straightens out for what looks like quite a while. We walk about 20 meters down the hall when on the right a door appears. It didn't appear like magic, it was always there, we just didn't see it in the initial scan of the hall. I clear the corners of the door and then I test the handle of the door, the handle drops and the door swings into a dark room.

"Hey, Meader come here." I state

"Yeah, what's up?" She replies jogging over

"Want to check out this room?" I ask

"Fuck it. Beats walking this damn hallway anymore." She replies

"Aight, let's go," I say

We flick on the flashlights on the end of our rifles, and we move into the room. I am the first one into the room and I look up and around the room to try and discern what we had just stumbled across. As I look to the left I see a set of double doors, and what look like chairs set in a line. Meader walks in and looks to the right and sees a TV on the wall with a Blu-ray/DVD player hooked up.

"I haven't seen one of these in a while. I wonder what it has in right now." Meader states

"What is it?" I ask

"An old DVD player. Looks like there is still a movie in there."

"What movie?"

"Atlantis. One of Disney's greatest movies despite what the box office says."  

"All right. Turn on the TV," I say as I walk over, "I want to see what part it's at."

Meader turns on the TV and it flickers on to life. Then she turns on the DVD player, and the TV screen lights up the room with the Main Menu for the movie.

"Well, that sucks. I was hoping the movie would be paused. Oh well." Meader states

"I hear you on that one. I was hoping to get a small reprieve and watch some of the movie. Well, the TV has illuminated the room so let's take the chance to find a light switch."

We split off in different directions looking for a light switch. Meader finds it on the wall closest to the set of double doors and she flicks it on. The lights flicker to life illuminating the entire room. I walk over to Meader and motion for her to formup on me so that way we can search whatever is behind the double doors. I countdown from three and we move into the room behind the double doors to find anempty room. I turn on my rifle'slight and I move it up and down to look around at the room. I search the leftside of the room as Meader turns on her rifle's light and starts tosearch the right side of the room. On the far side of the room is what looks to be a monitoring system with cameras and a microphone. Meader and I move toward the panel and flick on the screens. The screens light up and show black and white footage of a wide-open room. On one of the screens the white house that we both had run through, on a different one there was a camera trained on the Hydra. Some of the other cameras were pointed down hallways, focused on other traps and challenges from the large room we had escaped from. As I looked down I could see a control panel as well as an intercom system.

"Hey, I got an idea." I say as I look at Meader

"What are you thinking?" She asks

"What if I yell something over the intercom?"

"I don't know about that homie. Wouldn't those things know where we are and come for us? I'm certain we don't have the ammo to take them on."

"Sure, but I have knives and you know some jujitsu shit. Plus, when we get back outside we will have one helluva story to tell."

She sighs, "Alright, fine but at least pre-record the message and play it so we can make an escape before they get here."

"Fuck yeah!" I exclaim

I pull out my phone and record the message while Meader watches the hallway. I place a half full soda cup on the intercom system and press play on the recording as I run.

"Let's go!" I exclaim to Meader as I run past.

"What did you record?"

"A welcome message and then the normal bullshit I typically do. Just listen."

Over the intercom this message plays, "Gooooood Morning Vietnam! Just kidding, all you fucking lovely ass monsters and that one fucking ass of a clown. I hope you realize that I don't care if you find me but just know that for all the other things you've done within these past couple of days I will find and kill you. Ah, yes there is one last thing I need to say before running away to cover. I AM GOING TO COMMIT GREAT CRIME! I AM GOING TO BUST NUT IN WATER TOWER!"

"Jesus Christ homie. That is messed up. Funny, but messed up." Meader states

"That's my specialty. Making funny jokes fucked up." I reply

We continue running down the hallway and not long after the message plays we can hear the shapeshifters searching the room for myself and Meader. About 2 minutes later we can hear the clown enter the room he says something that is undecipherable and then the intercom goes silent.

"Oh yeah, I forgot one more thing."

"What's that?"

"I left a present for them."

"Really? Wha-"

Meader gets cut off as the sound of an explosion echoes down the hall.