Chapter 27

TW: violence and mentions of kidnapping

The last thing you remembered was saying Jean to go and confess to Diluc. And now, you woke up in a shining white and gold room, enormous, with a gigantic table in the middle and an elevated platform for a gold throne. You were in the middle of the empty space in between the table and the decorated double door, tied to a rather comfortable chair and with two guys dressed in all black and red, with masks to cover their faces, to your sides. Your head hurted like you had a hangover, your wrists and ankles probably already had bruises from how tight the ropes were and your neck stinged like you slept for hours in an uncomfortable position.
One of the guys noticed you had woken up, and signaled a tall lady dressed in blue and white, who got out of the room without saying a word. You didn't have anything covering your mouth, so you collected all your courage and stated asking questions. "Where am I?"
One of your guards answered you without even looking in your direction "Her Majestry The Tzaritza's villa"
<<The Tzaritza...?! So this is a Fatui matter...?>>
"What does she wants from me?"
"You'll meet Her Majestry briefly"
"How did I end up here? I was in my bed room"
"We are skilled agents, young miss"
The other agent, who was sighing for the whole, brief, conversation, had enough "Iosef, stop it! We're not allowed to talk to her and you're saying too much"
They both fell silent and you didn't try to initiate another conversation.

Your mind couldn't stop thinking, and your thought were a mess, passing from theories of what she could want from you or how those two got you out of your house, to how that place looked like a castle and how you would have never thought being in a gang would pay off so much. Then you remembered what Scaramouche said about the Tzaritza comgin from a decaudryed noble family. Being in a gang paid almost nothing, all that luxury was given from her family status of ex-noble and her parents' jobs.
Lost in your thoughts, the ten minutes of waiting for The Tzaritza to appear flew away.
The tall lady from before, or maybe another one dressed like her, after all you couldn't see her face behind that mask, opened both the doors in a theatrical way and, bowing, moved out of the way to let her young miss enter the room.
The Tzaritza might have been crazy, from what Scaramouche told you, but she sure was beautiful. Perfect body with perfect proportions, black hair, fading into light blue, going all the way down to the tiny waist. Her dress was white and gold to matching the style of the house and her gold décolleté with a mid-height heel would produce an elegant sound with every light step of hers.
You didn't know if the gold tiara on her head was true or not, from her family or bought by herself, legitimate or another sing of her mental heath giving in, but it completed the look and made you really feel like like were in a castle, in some Dinsey movie.
She ordered the agents to get up from their kneeled down position and to get out, only leaving you, her and the tall lady by the doors in the whole room.

You stayed silent, as the beautiful girl whom you assumed few moments before was the Tzaritza approeached you slowly, making a trasparent knife spin in her fingers. "Y/n. Y/n L/n, am I right?"
"...Yes. What do you want?"
"How rude" she pointed out, even if your words didn't hurt her the slightest. She kept on walking to you till she reached your throat with her knife and your shoulder with her hand. Her face didn't dispaly any emotion. "I don't think you're in the position to ask questionts. All you need to do, is answer mine"
"My brain doesn't have any useful information for someone like you"
"Someone like me?" Her chuckles echoed in the room, making the maiden flinch a little, while the Tzaritza started to walk back and forth in front of your eyes and playing with that ice-looking knife "Someone like me? What do you think I am? What do you think we are? Some kind of monsters? If that's so, I have plenty of proofs that you really like monsters, then"
"Wh-what are you talking about?"
"Oh, we will arrive there. But really, we are nothing but a family. I have done so much for every kid who asked us for help. I have made them feel loved, wanted, worth, a part of something, I made them realise that there are people out there who care about them and who are ready to stand by their side no matter what. I gave them a family, I did what their parents and relatives should have done. With me, they have a place to go to when they feel like life is being a bitch to them, they have people who truly understand them. As a thank you, I just ask them to be loyal to me and to keep my power. And if you think about it, where does my power come from? Stopping robbers to get into the houses around here, taking away something from rich people when they do something bad, exposing wrongful doings in some workplaces... nothining I do is wrong or bad. So don't you dare look down at me! You don't even know what we do, when, why and to whom"
"I still don't know why you kidnapped me"
"Now, now, if you say it like that you make me look bad. I just wanted to be sure you would have been my guest"
"Do you usually tie your guests to a chair?"
"You're starting to get on my nerves. Just get away from him and I'll let you go home, maybe even unscratched"
"What...?"
"You're in universtiy, and you have good grades too! Don't pull this shit on me, I know you understand me! I don't care what you tell him, that he's a bad influence, that you don't want anything to do with a fatuus, that he's annoying, bothersome or whatever, just cut all ties with him"
"Never. It would destroy him, why do you want to torn his souls in hundreds of pieces?! Didn't you just said you're a family?! Is this how family memb-"
A harsh slap hit your cheek and after a second you felt it burn. You stayed there, staring at the expensive floor trying to hold back tears.
"I didn't give you the option to talk back to me, especially not the one to try and not do what i want you to do. Maybe you don't get it, but you don't have a choice"
When the door bursted open she was about to create a scar on your other cheek with her knife, but hearing the commotion she stopped and straightened her back.