Ch 608: On A Scale Of 1 to 10

Lin Ye expected the following days would be uneventful for him.

He knew that he was asking a lot but a week off from doing anything that was related to him going on an adventure that might have a life depending on him was a reasonable thing to ask for.

And after two days passed after he brought Yelena here, it might come true. Although he did still have to pull some all-nighter. He needed to go through the files of all of the Infected on the island. It did not really bother him much.

He would definitely choose a week of doing paperwork than fighting for his life any chance he gets.

But alas, this fucking universe seemed to hold a grudge against him when the doors of his office slammed open.

He pulled his head away from the papers and saw Ansel standing at the entrance. His breaths were rough, and he was struggling to compose himself.

Did he do a marathon before coming here?

That would be stupid. It was 3 in the morning. However, this world really knows how to surprise him so anything could be normal.

Seeing that the bunnyman was still having trouble forming words, Lin Ye put down the papers in his hand on his table. He had a bad feeling about all of this.

"Ansel? Is something the matter?"

"Ey... Eyjafjalla," Ansel managed to say, "She's dying."

Lin Ye did not need to hear anything else as he sprung out from his seat and walked to him.

"Take me to her," He ordered, "Now."

Ansel finally managed to calm his breath and nodded at him, "Let's go. She's on the fourth floor."

Lin Ye nodded and let Ansel lead the way. Although he knew he was tired, Lin Ye needed to go now.

As they were running to Eyja, Lin Ye managed to ask Ansel about her situation.

"This is not two weeks," Lin Ye asked, "Why is she becoming unstable now all of a sudden?"

"Two weeks was the best she could do," Ansel explained between breaths, "Although you managed to keep it under control, she is at her limit now."

"... Fuck," Lin Ye said under his breath.

It did not take them long before Lin Ye could see an operating room.

Without even wasting time, he pushed the door open and went straight in.

Lin Ye could see a lot of medical personnel in the room. They were all doing separate things. Although that was the case, his eyes were focused on the two who were checking on Eyja's condition near her bed.

Saria and Olivia were trying their best to control the situation. Just as Lin Ye was about to make his way to them, he noticed something.

The people in the room were sweating hard. Lin Ye knew that they were stressed, but this was nothing caused by emotion. Lin Ye caught the metals equipment were getting redder and redder by the second.

It was getting hotter.

But just as he notices this, a wave of coldness hit the room. The staff were visibly relaxed as they continued their work.

Lin Ye looked around and saw a white figure near the wall next to Eyja.

Yelena was putting her hand on the wall and Lin Ye could see white frost forming on it. Although she looked fine, doing this continuously seemed to be pushing her body hard.