34. "Love and coffee."

Chapter Thirty Four

Adonis' POV

"What the fuck?" I stared at the cup filled with black liquid. "is this you called the world's most delicious coffee? When was the last time you tried Starbucks?"

Eros' jaws and lips suddenly turned tense. "you know nothing about coffee, man. You can't differentiate because you're used to three in one coffee."

"Because we made it. I patronized our product. Don't think little of it, it's still the leading instant coffee brand in the country."

"Of course. But it doesn't taste first class. Unlike Jade's coffee, that you can really taste the sweet bitterness and smell the fresh aromatic flavor."

My forehead frowned. "sweet bitterness? I haven't heard of such a thing. You're becoming poetic, my friend. I wonder."

"Drinking delicious coffee every day made me," he chuckled, "oops, I need another cup."

He called his assistant and asked for another cup of coffee. In less than five minutes, his assistant entered and served his coffee. She was a nerdy woman wearing black-rimmed eyeglasses and unfashionable clothes.

"I can see your taste in women change," I told Eros when his assistant left.

"What are you talking about?" his eyebrows rose slightly.

"Are you tired of having sexy women around you? You got a nerdy type like her? I know you so well. You always like challenges, and this girl seems difficult to handle."

"Fuck man, that will not happen. I just love her coffee." he reasoned out.

"Are you sure it's the coffee and not her?"

"You're crazy. I don't believe in love, it's just another four-letter word of lust," he chuckled, "you've been there, and look where it got you. Heartbroken."

"Yeah, and don't forget. Married."

"Well, you keep it a loveless marriage, so, you're doing just fine, my friend," he nodded in approval, then pushed a folder at me, bringing us to the reason why I was at his office.

The property that I got back from Constantine Pallis was beside the Petrakis property. We merged our projects to build the biggest business center in the world. The layout of the projects was done, the construction already started.

"We have a problem. At the north side of our entire estate was owned by the government. We need to ask Mayor Cunning if we could use a little on this public property, as a road for our back entrance," he leaned back in his high chair, one hand on his desk, drumming his fingers.

I sighed deeply, at the mention of Mayor Roman Cunning, Trisha's father.

Eros brought up a problem that we expected already. The entire estate was massive. We needed entrance and exit in every corner.

"We'll write a letter to the mayor."

Eros shook his head. "that's not effective. You should ask him personally."

"Why me? We should set a meeting with him together."

He shook his head vigorously. "I can't. The man hates me."

"What did you do?"

"His new wife was my ex-lover. I'm sure he hates my guts."

"That makes two of us. I broke up with his daughter and got married immediately."

"At least your breakup was not your fault. His daughter cheated. That makes you an honest man to him, whereas me... his new wife still hates me. She was too clingy and a lunatic, that I needed to take serious action."