Make a choice

[This is a commissioned fanfic, brought to you thanks to Leo Andromeda, everybody say thank you Leo! Enjoy your angst! 😌]

"Uh... Monkey King?" (Y/n) asked as she popped her head inside his temple.
"Wah!" he kicked away his pile of bags of chips before running to the entrance and facing her, tense. "(Y/n)! Hey~! Please knock next time."
"I-I'm sorry."
She knocked, then stepped in, closing the door behind her. He had to bite the inside of his cheeks to not react to how cute that was.
"Hi hello, is MK here?" she looked around.
"Uh..." his gaze wandered a little bit, wondering which response would make her stay longer, but he opted on honesty. "Nope. Haven't seen him."
'Shoot.' she thought.
Now she has no reason to stay.

"Alright then, I'm sorry for disturbing you." she turned away then stopped and looked back at him. "Do you have any idea where he might be?"
He thought for a moment. Well, he acted like it anyway. The answer was obvious, if MK wasn't with him, then he's either at Pigsy's, Sandy's, or at the arcade with Mei. But...
"I don't know." he smiled. "Wanna look for him together?"
(Y/n)'s face lit up.
"Thank you Monkey King!"
"Please," he opened the door for her, standing closer. "call me Wukong."
She blushed, her heart skipping a beat.

When the Lady Bone Demon took over the city, it started with just a bunch of ice everywhere. A huge inconvenience, but no one really got hurt. But when she acquired her "champion", that's when things got dangerously real. He would tear down buildings, make everyone run away screaming. And whenever someone would try and fight back, even just raising their voice, he'd...take care of them. And that was only to establish the Lady Demon's power, just making sure that everyone knew who was in charge now. Today, she gave her champion a more specific task: find the kids, those "heroes". By now they've left the city and she didn't know where they've gone, but she had an idea of who might know.
Her champion just went where she told him to go, not even knowing that he's been there lots of times before. The only thing on his mind was to silently execute orders. Yeah, he never talked, which only made him scarier. And it unsettled those who knew him. It unsettled (Y/n) as he broke her hideout's barricaded door. She looked at him in horror, but he was used to it. He walked in. Take the girl to his master, that's all he had to do.
"Wukong..."

He stopped. What did she call him? For just a moment, he didn't move. Only for a few seconds, but it was all she needed to reach the rope that was hanging from the ceiling and pulled it. It activated a mechanism the made a sandbag fall onto him. He snapped out of his daze and looked up, effortlessly cutting it open. Blue powder poured out of it, creating a faint cloud around him. Some got in his eyes and he quickly rubbed it off before looking back at the woman. She had a match in her hand and she lit it up, rubbing it against the nearest wall before tossing it into the blue cloud. The little flame went out, its smoke absorbed the powder, growing bigger and denser. Eventually, it turned into a blue cloud, enveloping him. And as he watched it flicker with lightning, something clicked in his head.
He recognizes this magical powder, it came from the blue thunder demon cave. The clan living there were disturbing the people in the area, so he defeated them and stole what left they had of that blue powder. He stored it all in a sandbag. But if he took it, how come she had it? A thief...?

Either way, he had to quickly shield himself, as the cloud exploded with thunder. It left a few bruises but overall, he was unfazed. He quickly rolled out of the way and looked back at the woman, who was running away to the next room. He dashed after her and entered the living room. He was so focused on going after her that he didn't notice the giant metal hammer installed above the doorway when he walked in. The woman, hiding in his blind spot right beside the doorway, hit the wall. He turned around and was just about to hit her when the hammer came down and sent him flying across the room. Fortunately for him, his fall was broken by the couch, which flipped over and fell with him. It took a moment for his dizziness to dissipate, but the human didn't give him time for that. As soon as he was hit, she ran for the kitchen and grabbed a big pot of boiling red liquid. She went back to him and poured it all into his eyes. If he could scream he would, whatever this thing was, it burned like hell.