Try and remember more

He took a deep breath... And closed his eyes. He didn't even know why, it just felt instinctive. A golden aura formed around him and went outward, pushing (Y/n) away a bit. Wukong was motionless, breathing so slowly it didn't even look like he was breathing. And he was enveloped in a blue aura. She blinked twice confused.
"...Wukong?"

She shook him a bit, then a bit more, to the point where she even punched him. Nothing, and it would seem like that aura could work as a force field. She took a step back and tilted her head, frowning. Just then, a flash of gold went through the blue, like a lamppost's light when you're driving on the road at night. Her eyes widen. She remembered something Wukong told her once: about his meditation technique.
"He's meditating..."
'Does that mean he'll come back to normal when he'll wake up?' she thought. 'How long will that take though?'

Being possessed, Wukong's brain and mind was pretty much chained and locked away. Trying to break those chains only made them stronger, and not doing anything meant he'd get punished. So he figured: let's instead look deep within to truly understand who he was before. And yes, soon enough, he got shocked, but he was in such a deep meditation that physical damage was ineffective.
He searched his memories, not only of (Y/n), but of his entire life from the beginning.

He was kind of a jackass... But in like a cool way.

And just with this thought, he already felt a bit more like himself. It was nice.
He wanted to understand himself, so that he could fix whatever problem he's left unsolved in the past.

(Y/n) has set him on her couch, and surrounded him with all the artefacts she could get her hands on. Her back pressed against the wall, her arms folded, she didn't look away from him. This could be a trap for all she knew. Yet, she munched on her bottom lip, hoping... Whenever a flash of gold would go through him, her heart would skip a beat. And she did notice how, whenever this happened, the aura would change color one shade at a time. She figured that, once it'd turn gold, he'd wake up. But, even when that happened, he still didn't wake up. She took a deep breath, and went to brew some tea.
Out of habit, she made two cups, and set the second one on the coffee table, in front of him. She sat in a chair across from him, silently drinking her tea. Once she was done, she sighed.
"If you could come back now, that'd be cool." she smiled, her eyebrows furrowed. "You're kinda killing me over here."
"That's my job."

She gasped and quickly stood up, she let go of her cup and it broke upon impact with the floorboards. The Lady Bone Demon was standing right in her doorway, her hands behind her back, and an irritated look on her face. She looked at her up and down, and scoffed.
"I cannot believe that a puny little human like you has caused me this much trouble in less than an hour.
(Y/n) gulped and quickly glanced at Wukong.
"On any other day, I would've banished you into the underworld where you would suffer an eternity of suffering." she took a breath and centered herself. "But, luckily for you, I do not have time to waste." she started floating. "So, I'll make this quick."

The two of them were in a stand-off for a few tense seconds, before (Y/n) leaped to the side and grabbed her giant hammer, making it as light as a feather. She spun around before launching it towards him, right as she let go, she made it tons heavier. Sadly, the demon effortlessly caught it and tossed it to the side with a smug 'heh'. She raised a hand and started glowing as a ball of energy formed in front of her palm.
Suddenly, a laser ray of blinding golden light hit her in the face and sent her right into the wall behind her, creating a crater before she fell on the floor. (Y/n) rubbed her eyes then looked behind her. She gasped when she saw Wukong stood up from the couch. His colors, before cold and blue, were now back to their warm vibrant hues.
"The only breath-taking ones here is her and me." he glared at the demon lady. "Now get outta here, unless you want me to take your breath away."
The Bone Demon slowly stood up and stumbled, in pretty bad shape. She glared at Wukong, then at (Y/n), before clicking her tongue.
"This...isn't over." she said before disappearing.

Once she did, (Y/n) started panting, her shoulders dropping, as if she has just remembered to breathe. Her legs started shaking and she fell down, trying to calm her heartbeat. Wukong went up to her and offered her a hand. She hesitated, looking at it, then at him, and he patiently waited for either of her choices. She took his hand, and he helped her up. He didn't ask if she was okay. He knew she wasn't. He took a deep breath as he nervously rubbed his arm. Finally, he looked her in the eyes.

"I'm sorry." he exhaled. "You are...the sweetest person I've ever met, I felt like a fraud when we dated. I was afraid that, if I opened up, you wouldn't like me anymore and you'd leave. But... I was the one who ended up running away. Heh, how ironic is that?" he smiled, but his smile quickly fell. "I still love you, but of course I'd completely understand if you don't want to get back together. My issues did cause some pretty intense stuff to happen. And...my recklessness even got me possessed, and I hurt you... Which is something I'd never forgive myself." he paused. "I just want you to know: I love you, and I'm sorry."

Her neutral face as he spoke, and her silence now, it was killing him. After what felt like forever, she slapped him.
"Aouchy!" he rubbed his cheek. "I deserved that."
"Nah, I was just checking something." she said. "...I missed you."
"...I missed you too, so much."
(Y/n) smiled, her eyebrows furrowed.
"Can't believe it took the end of the world and a possession from an evil demon for you to finally open up."
He awkwardly chuckled.
"So..."

She took his arm and gently pulled him towards her, kissing him on the cheek. His eyes widen.
"Keep going, you're doing great." she smiled before walking away to pick up her hammer. "And thanks for all these artefacts, they really did come in handy."
"Told you!"
She picked it up, resting it on her shoulder, and looked at him.
"Come on, the lady could be back any minute now."
He gasped, his face lit up.

"You're gonna save the world with me?"
"I guess, I've never done it before... Which is good now that I think about it."
The two of them laughed as they walked out.
"Trust me (Y/n), after we're done, we'll make sure something like this never happens again."
"Huh, what a metaphor." she mumbled.
"What was that?"
"Nothin'."

- Good Ending: It'll Take Time, but Good Start -