Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Kaisen

I stared at Mizail's mate as she pulled Lily off into the crowd as Mizail turned back to me with a surprised look on his face. "What's that look for?" I asked as he clasped my shoulder with a smile on his face.

"That's the calmest I've seen my mate since I've brought her up this mountain. I was surprised when she took off running to your mate." He laughed as I looked at him oddly. "Don't give me that look, friend. We don't get on like you and your mate. My mate has a little kick to her. I like that most about her." He continued to laugh as I just smiled and shook my head.

"What do you mean you're not like me and my mate? How are we?" I asked as Mizail looked at me with a pointed look before pursing his lips together.

"You act like we're going to snatch her up at any minute now, Kaisen. When in fact, my mate actually snatched her up." He laughed as I just shook my head at him. "You also have that look on your face when you're watching her." He explained in a serious tone as he started to lead me away from the square as I looked at him.

"What look is that?" I asked as he glanced at me before looking forward again.

"Like a man smitten to his mate. Just like me." He smiled while leading me into the meeting room as we got busy with the trade agreements.

By the time we were finished, Mizail's mate was putting on a show for the little dragons. He had told me about her dancing for the little ones since they've gotten used to her. He said they used to be scared of her when she first got here since she was feisty but they've taken a liking to her since she helps out a lot. Sighing, I couldn't wait to hold Lily in my arms again. It felt like many moons since she was whisked away by her friend. I was surprised when she tackled my mate but I was even more surprised by how Nuri started crying. With the way the guards blatantly talked about her, I had expected her to be some type of annoying human. But here she was, being vulnerable with my mate and even happy to see her. Nuri didn't seem like the person I've been making my mate's group of friend's out to be.

"If you keep zoning out, you'll miss your lovely mate joining the show." Mizail nudged me while looking back at me with his dark brown eyes as I turned to look at the rocky platform in time to see Lily dance onto it. Though both of them were graceful with their movements, I couldn't take my eyes off of Lily and the beautiful outfit she wore. The green fabric hugged her curves and fitted her form as she danced around with a smile on her face. It shocked me even more when she started using her powers as flowers grew along the platform. Once the show was over and the last little dragon left, I went and hugged Lily as she hugged me back.

After we had eaten our fair share of food, I introduced Lily to Mizail as him and Nuri led us to the hut we'd be staying in. Nuri had promised Lily something as she smiled and nodded to her before Mizail wished us a goodnight. Once they left, we entered the hunt in silence as Lily started to remove some of her jewelry from her shirt. "Do you need help?" I asked as she nodded tiredly at me while I got started on the ones on her back. "This outfit looks beautiful on you." I spoke up, breaking the silence as Lily quietly bowed her head to hide her blush.

"Thank you, it took a lot of nonexistent confidence to put it on." She mumbled as I continued to take some more off of her shirt. "Kaisen, when are we going to talk about the other night?" She asked as I sighed knowing that this conversation was coming. It had been on my mind a lot even though I couldn't quite remember much of it yet I could faintly remember hearing Lily moan my name. "Sorry, if it bothers you." She apologized as her shoulders drooped a little.

"No. No. That's not why I sighed. It didn't bother me, I'm just worried about what I did. Since that creature's pheromones and liquor were involved, much of it's pretty faint to me. I should be the one apologizing. I'm sorry, I hope I didn't do anything terrible to you." I apologized while turning her towards me as she remained looking down. "Did I hurt you?" I asked while caressing her cheek as she looked up at me before shaking her head.

"No, I just didn't quite understand your anger. Were you mad at your group for taking you drinking instead of bringing you home? Or were you mad at me? I was and still am a little confused." She explained as I smiled down at her before kissing her forehead.

"My anger wasn't towards you, it was more towards my group and myself. Had I better prepared myself for this battle, I wouldn't have been sprayed or I would've been able to quickly clean myself off. I was also mad at myself because I didn't want our first time to be like that. I wanted it to be special." I sighed as surprise flashed across her face before she quietly started laughing.

"I'm not sure what you remember but it was pretty special to me. It was lovely and I hope we'll be able to do it again without the pheromones and liquor next time." She smiled while grabbing my face before kissing me. "I hope next time it'll be special for the both of us. Now, let's get some rest. We have some more traveling to do." She smiled while stepping away from me to fetch some clothes from her bag. As the realization of her words set in, my face heated up while I quickly sorted through my bag.

"Um..would you like for me to step out so you can change?" I asked as she turned and looked at me before smiling.

"No, I'm okay. You've seen me naked a few times." She stated while taking off her shirt as I couldn't pull my eyes from her chest and how smooth her skin looked. Quickly coming to my senses, I quickly turned away from her as she continued changing while I changed out of my desert wear and into a pair of sleeping pants made of Sfram fur. Turning back to Lily, I was met by her sleepy gaze as she slowly trailed up and down my body with her eyes. "Wow, you're really toned." She mumbled as I led her to the large makeshift bed while she crawled in. Once she was in the bed, I turned back to my bag to get the sleeping mat before she stopped me. "Come on, Kai." She grumbled while facing me and patting the bed.

"Are you sure?" I asked as she nodded with her eyes closed before patting the bed again. I couldn't help the smile that made its way onto my face as I put our bags away in the corners. Taking a few deep breaths to calm my fast beating heart, I turned off the light while easing into the bed next to my mate. I could see everything clearly in the dark but with the quietness looming around me, I was scared that she'd hear my heart racing. "Kaisen?" She questioned as I hummed in reply. "Can you hold me?" She asked as I turned to look at her. She had her back to me as I slowly turned and pulled her to my chest, spooning her. It wasn't long before she fell asleep and I soon followed pursuit.

[~~~]

After we ate and Lily got some things from Nuri, we headed on our way to our next destination. This time, we were flying during the day time and were getting all of the heat from the two stars in the sky. "So where are we going?" Lily asked while leaning back against me as Neau soared high above the sand dunes.

"We're going to the Black Ocean where the Niamavarians will greet us and we'll do our trade and move on to the Idetrians. Once we're done there, we'll head back home." I explained as she nodded her head before Neau began her descent down onto the black sand. Once she was firmly on the sand, I quickly hopped off while helping Lily down. She looked around before spotting the building a few feet away while waving. Turning to meet her gaze, I was surprised to see her other friend from her group. The short red haired human seemed just as excited as Nuri to see Lily as she came crashing into her.

"Oh my goodness, Lily! I'm so glad to see you! Have you seen anybody else?" She asked before our eyes met as the little red haired squinted her dark green eyes at me. "You must be Kaisen?" She asked as I nodded. By looking at her current attire of nothing but a dark blue silk dress, that let me know that Prince Inzeh was her mate. Only the royal family and the mates of the Niamavarians tribe wear that color. Smiling, I greeted her nicely as Lily examined her.

"Hello, that's me. Has Inzeh left on an errand back to his kingdom again?" I asked as she nodded. "Okay, well let me know when you're ready to start trading negotiations. Lily, you can explore as much as you like but be careful of the ocean." I warned as she nodded while her friend led us off towards the small building.