This is too much for less than an hour

You had a theory that Wukong's love language was gift giving, and it was pretty easy to see why. Whenever he'd pass by your house, he'd give you something. And you could tell if it was a genuine gift - like a plush of your favorite animal, or a cute trinket - or just something he quickly grabbed before leaving his house - like some magic blue powder from some demons he defeated centuries ago. You didn't really care though. Gifts were gifts, and you gladly accepted them. Who knows, maybe a giant hammer that you could change the weight of could prove itself useful someday.

For you, your love language was quality time. And that became a problem.
When you started dating Sun Wukong, the first few months were amazing. You'd see each-other everyday, you even considered asking if you could move in together.
The thing is: when you spend a lot of time with someone, you start to learn more about them. And you learned about his issues.
It started when you noticed how, whenever he didn't want to answer a question, he'd make a joke and find a way to change the subject. That in and of itself didn't bother you, but...
'Why can't he just tell me?' you'd ask yourself. 'Why does he feel the need to be sneaky about it?'

You thought that maybe he'd open up with time. You were still in that honeymoon phase. It made you nervous: when will things become serious between you two, and how will it affect your relationship?
It started to wear off around the time he left for that vacation.
When he said he couldn't take you with him, you believed that maybe he was running away. In a way, he was.
But you still hoped that he'd have reflect about all of this, and the two of you would have a serious conversation for once.

Then, he came back and told you he's been lying to everyone, including you. Hiding the threat that was looming over the city, and the world.
He told you he loved you. Finally.
He told you all of this, and you two weren't even face-to-face. You felt heartbroken, insulted even. Were you even of any value to him? Were you just a human plush he could come and cuddle with whenever he felt lonely?
You wanted answers. But you didn't want to talk to him anymore. Ever since that day, you felt a hole in your chest.

Luckily, protecting your home from the Lady Bone Demon, using all the ancient artefacts you had was a decent way to cope with it. From what you heard, you just knew she was up to no good. And although you were pretty sure she wasn't interested in little humans like you, better be safe than sorry.
You would've never expected what happened next.
From the moment he broke down your door, you could tell something was seriously wrong with him. He didn't change his color palette to blue to appeal to you. The fact that he was silent and expressionless was disturbing to say the least.
It was scary, terrifying. But he didn't even give you time to process.
Maybe some of that pent up aggression resurfaced when you smashed his head with that pot. But you never even realized it.

And yet, when he said your name, you immediately called out for him. He was in there, somewhere. Meaning he could come back.
But then, he got shocked by the demon controlling him, and went back to being a stone-cold puppet. It tore appart your heart to see it happen right in front of you. You managed to run away before he could kill you. Because yeah, this was Sun Wukong, and you were a human. One punch from him would most certainly lead to your death.

As you ran up to your room, you felt a burning anger, you wanted to find that Lady and make her pay. But you knew you couldn't do anything, and it only made you more angry.
You tried to escape through the only window that wasn't boarded up, but he grabbed you and threw you towards the wall. You felt a concussion as you fell down, a bunch of Wukong's gifts falling beside you. As your mind was ringing, you just hoped you won't die like this.
"You kept them." you heard his voice.
The answer came out by itself.
"'Course I kept them. I obviously still love you."

A moment passed, you then heard him scream. You looked up at him, he looked in pain, holding his head and walking back.
Was this really happening? Will this 'I love you' really bring him back? This felt unreal.
You'll take it.
When he fell back on your bed, you stood up and rushed towards him.
"Wukong! Snap out of it and come back already! I thought you were more stubborn than that!"

He opened his eyes. His pain seemed to have ceased, and he just looked into your eyes, panting. In this moment, that felt way longer, you hoped, prayed for his return.
"Wukong...?" you whispered. "Please."
He blinked, and reached out a hand to touch your cheek. But then suddenly, he screamed again, and just pushed you away. You fell backwards and watched as he stood back up. His eyes started to glow, meaning he was about to use his laser eyes. But he then covered his eyes and turned away. He was struggling. And finally, he flew through the roof, and left you alone. You shielded your head so as to not get hit by the debris, then you just looked up and the hole in the ceiling, speechless.

You had a million questions. But you were more focused on how this encounter had left you. You started crying...
You already lost Wukong once, but now he was just gone.
Even if he still was somewhere, and there was a chance of him going back to normal, you didn't want to know. You didn't want to hope anymore. This encounter wasn't even an hour long, and it left you broken.

You packed the essentials and left your home, your city. There could be a change that he - or even the Lady demon - would come back.
As you walked, despite your neutral expression, tears wouldn't stop falling.
You really did love him. But, as cruel as it sounded, thinking him dead hurt less.

You were right about one thing: you never saw him again, or any of your friends for that matter. The least you could do now was to carry on with your life, and be happy.
You were never able to fill the hole in your chest.

- Probably Worse Ending: You're Dead to Me, Love You -