𝟏 | 𝐄𝐧𝐦𝐚 𝐘𝐮𝐮𝐤𝐞𝐧

ᶜᵘʳˢᵉ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰᵉ ᵐᵒᵒⁿ

𝔖𝔬𝔫𝔤: 𝔐𝔬𝔬𝔫 𝔗𝔯𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢 - 𝔏𝔦𝔫𝔡𝔰𝔢𝔶 𝔖𝔱𝔦𝔯𝔩𝔦𝔫𝔤

Warnings: ghosts/spirits, phantom MC, nightmare (nightmare of death), spiders

♥♠♣♦ —— ☠ —— ♥♠♣♦

"Yuu~" A haunting voice echoed through the winding halls of Ramshackle Dorm, slinking through the walls and dancing across the floorboards. The rattle of bones hung in the air as if skeletons had been strung up on the walls, awoken by a howling wind. 

Yuu rolled over beneath the covers, a frown etched on his face as he tried to return to sleep. Something had woken him, though he couldn't remember what. Perhaps it was the chill that seemed to leech onto him, draining him of all his warmth. He shifted as perspiration started to pool on his forehead, skittering down his skin, as if a mass of spiders had appeared. He flinched, lifting one hand to subconsciously scratch at his skin, trying to scratch away the arachnids. 

"No..." he muttered, pulling the blankets over his head, trying to block out the sensation. Thankfully the spiders disappeared. But Yuu quickly realised that he would have preferred the spindly legs to the sound that crawled through his veins, turning them to ice.

"Yuu~ Sweetie~"

Yuu shot up, his heart pounding in his chest. He turned towards his door, the black ebony handle illuminated by a single beam of moonlight. Taking a risk, he glanced out of the window, his eyes widening when he realised that his windows were open, the thin white curtains fluttering in the breeze as if spirits were beckoning him to the windowsill, offering treats rather than tricks. He pressed himself back into the headboard, trying to remain out of the moonlight. He usually loved the moon, but tonight, there was a maliciousness to the glow, as if it was a clawed hand reaching for him.

He could remember celebrating Halloween back in his world, but in a world of magic, ghosts, and spirits, there seemed to be an extra haunting effect that send an uncomfortable chill down his back. One that rattled his bones, leaving pinpricks in his skin, and flooding him with the bite of cold. 

Yuu glanced down at Grim who was still out like a light, snuggled on one of Yuu's extra pillows, muttering about how he would like to kick Crowley for being such a "useless can of tuna". Yuu would have laughed if not for the screech of floorboards that echoed around the dorm. 

He froze, his back as rigid as a board as he slowly sat up, sliding towards the edge of the bed. The hair on the back of his neck stood straight, waiting for another noise. Quickly, he stole a glance towards the window, wondering if it would be a smart idea for him to leap out of the open windows. 

"Yuu~" 

Now it sounded as if the voice was right outside his dorm and Yuu's heart pounded in his ears, stealing another glance towards the window. The rattling of his doorknob startled him out of his thoughts and before he knew what he was doing, he had leapt from the window and was falling to the muddy autumn ground below. Thank goodness it was only one floor. He tucked into a roll as he hit the ground, turning back to his window, waiting for whatever was haunting him to poke their head out, exposing them to the moonlit night. 

As he waited, he heard the sound of his door opening and the otherworldly whispers of someone lurking in his room. His heart jumped into his throat and turned to ice as he suddenly remembered Grim, who he had left lying defenseless on his bed. Curse his impulsive decisions.