𝟐 | 𝐑𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬

ⁿᵒʷʰᵉʳᵉ ᵒⁿᶜᵉ ᵃᵍᵃⁱⁿ...

𝔖𝔬𝔫𝔤: ℭ𝔯𝔶𝔟𝔞𝔟𝔶 - 𝔐𝔢𝔩𝔞𝔫𝔦𝔢 𝔐𝔞𝔯𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔢𝔷

Warnings: Spooky MC (Like in A Fool's Guide to the In-Between)

♥♠♣♦ —— ☠ —— ♥♠♣♦

Y/N purred quietly as she sat in a tree, one leg hanging over the branch, the other folded up in front of her chest, hugged tightly as Y/N stared out at the misty sight before her. Heartslabyul Castle in all of its haunted glory. Turrets wrapped with the hands of phantoms, windows slick with dew, halls haunted with the screams of the dead. 

But as Y/Ns stared at the castle, she felt a prick in her heart. Not the sort that would make you flinch, but rather, the sort that came from a distant memory. A memory long forgotten. And as Y/N stared at the spider-web-wrapped turrets and the courtyard littered with bones, a vision flashed before her eyes. A vision of a dark place, darker than a pitch-black night, and thick with the smell of decay and death. A place where the air was too thick to breathe but too thin to swim, and a place where one... slowly... went... mad...

Though her focus was on a skeleton, hanging by the neck by the entrance, her hand moved of its own accord. With a flash of light, a small doll appeared next to Y/N and she slowly turned, her head lolling to the side as she did. Slowly, as if someone had dumped a bucket of paint on her, all colour started to fade from her. The bright streaks of colour in her hair slowly turned grey, chasing the colour of her clothes and forming drops of pure colour at the base of her shoes that dripped onto the ground below. 

"You seem to replace, your brains with your heart," Y/N purred, picking up the small doll of Riddle. She gently stroked its fluffy red hair, her nails catching on the strands, pulling a few from their place. She pulled her hands away from the doll, staring at the red strands as they tangled in the cracks of her claws, reminding her of a dungeon. Cold... mouldy... and full of - she sighed and pressed the doll against her neck, leaning back against the branch, reminiscing about the delectable taste - despair. The time when she lived in a place that reeked of death, a place that seemed so... twistedly wonderful. 

It was all coming back to her...

"You take things so hard, and then you fall apart." Y/N held the doll close to her heart, allowing herself to fall off the branch, her legs catching her at the last second. Her hair, which had formerly been dyed orange and black for the holiday, flowed in the breeze, her long braid gently unwinding from its ribbon.

"You try to explain, but before you can start," Her ribbon slipped from her hair, floating on the breeze like the trail of a phantom, dancing gracefully as it slipped into an open window of the castle. It settled on the desk of a student, resting across the top of a sheet of parchment. 

"Those cry baby tears, come out of the dark." Y/N pulled herself up again, staring at the doll through the strands of hair that drooped as if they had been dipped in ink. A melancholy worm wiggled its way into her heart as she stared at the sorrowful expression that had been stitched onto its pale face. The sight made a single tear slip down Y/N's eye, landing on the heart of Riddle's uniform. 

"Someone's turning the handle, to that faucet in your eyes." She sniffed, her lower lip starting to tremble as she turned to look at the castle again, her claws curling around the doll. She suddenly got to her feet and leapt to the ground, disappearing before she could hit the ground.

To those who walked the grounds, it seemed as though a ghost had arrived, true as the ground beneath their feet. Prints made by invisible feet sunk into the ground, marking a trail from the large oak to the castle, a drunken sway in the marks.