𝟏𝟎 | 𝐀𝐳𝐮𝐥 𝐀𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐨

ᵃ ˢⁱʳᵉⁿ'ˢ ᵈʳᵒʷⁿⁱⁿᵍ ᵏⁱˢˢ

𝔖𝔬𝔫𝔤: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔐𝔞𝔤𝔦𝔠 - 𝔏𝔬𝔩𝔞 𝔅𝔩𝔞𝔫𝔠

Warnings: Implied death, drowning

♥♠♣♦ —— ☠ —— ♥♠♣♦

Azul let out a groan as he heard another scream echo from Mostro Lounge. He wondered what had possessed him to allow Jade and Floyd to set up a scream machine for Halloween, but it was too late for him to tell them to take it back to the prop room. And Y/N had been especially excited about Halloween this year and had begged Azul to let her help Floyd and Jade with the dorm decorations. There was only so much they could do with the exterior of the dorm, it being underwater and all, so Azul had relented, allowing them to decorate the lounge as they saw fit. It had been Floyd's idea to link the scream machine with the door to the lounge. 

"At least I know business is good," Azul muttered as he rubbed his forehead. All these screams were starting to drive him crazy. He had been trying to work on a contract for the past hour, but had hardly gotten anything accomplished. It wasn't only the screams that were distracting him at the moment. Along with decorating the dorm, the Octavinelle members had decided to dress up as mummies for that night when they opened the school to be a sort of haunted house. And the strands of white fabric hanging from his wrists were especially frustrating.

The door opened and Azul glanced up, smiling when he saw a familiar girl poking her head in through the door. True to the Octavinelle Halloween dress code, she was covered with strips of white fabric, covering a black jumpsuit that she wore underneath. Some fabric had been stitched around her waist to form a sort of skirt with the bandages, while others hung from her arms as if they had been unwound. 

"Y/N," he said with a smile. "How is everything?"

Y/N said nothing and simply grinned, her fangs starting to show as her lips pulled to the sides. His heart jumped when he saw her lock the door behind her. Azul felt his breath catch in his throat as he watched Y/N slowly approaching him, her hands trailing a thin line of blue magic in the line that slowly snuffed out the lights until the room had gone dark. Azul's heartbeat increased and he leaned back in his chair, gripping the armrests as he waited for Y/N to show herself. 

Suddenly two candles were lit in front of him, revealing his girlfriend grinning at him, her eyes dancing with wild emotion, her shoulders hunched as if she was about to pounce on him. She reminded him a great deal of a cat waiting to pounce on its prey. 

"Wish I could feel what I can't see," Y/N sang softly, her voice slowly slithering from her lips and seeping across the room, moving like snakes towards Azul. It seemed as though he could see the blue magic searching for him, moving closer with every second that passed. 

"Float like a butterfly, scream like a banshee..." As if on cue, the scream machine in the lounge let out a horrifying scream that sent a shiver down Azul's spine, making him wriggle like a fish on a hook. 

"Something's hiding in the pantry, but I can't find it, so would you please." Y/N slowly moved around the side of Azul's desk, keeping her eyes on his the entire time. Azul subconsciously turned with her, the chair creaking as he turned.

"Enchant me, give me a potion, for my devotion, to the emotion." Y/N approached Azul, one hand settling on the arm of his chair, just next to where his hand rested, now limp rather than tense. Azul felt as though he was once again lost in the Coral Sea, though this time, with no idea of where he was, or which way led him to the surface. For once in his life, it felt as though he was drowning.