𝟏𝟐 | 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐲𝐝 𝐋𝐞𝐞𝐜𝐡

ᵗʰᵉ ᵈᵉᵖᵗʰˢ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵉᵃ

𝔖𝔬𝔫𝔤:

Warnings: thalassophobia, megalohydrothalassophobia

A/N: This does deal with a fear of deep water, and the fear of large underwater creatures, the first of which is one of my biggest fears, so just be warned.

feat. Azul Ashengrotto and Jade Leech

f/f - favourite food

♥♠♣♦ —— ☠ —— ♥♠♣♦

The ship bobbed on the waves, making Y/N feel as though she was about to hurl. Even in her room below deck, far from the window that would allow her to see the angry thrashing of the waves, she felt like vomiting. She lay on her bed; her back turned towards the window, a bucket clutched in her arms as she tried not to throw up the contents of her last meal. She didn't want to see her f/f again. 

Outside, beyond the walls of the ship, a storm raged, fierce and malicious as it shook the ship. It had been screaming at those on deck for the entire night, and though she was sure that most of the passengers were asleep by now, Y/N lay awake, fearful that the ship might capsize while she slept. At least if she was awake there was the chance that she could make it to the deck and scramble into one of the lifeboats before the ship sank into the depths.

Another few minutes passed and Y/N slowly sat up, knowing that lying on her bed wouldn't do anything but make her exhausted. She pulled out her knitting and started working on it, trying to focus on the simple and mind-numbing task of looping the thread over the needles. 

"All hands on deck!"

The shout rang through the speakers throughout the ship, and Y/N looked up from her knitting, wondering what in Twisted Wonderland was happening. She quickly rose from her bed, stumbling a bit as another wave of nausea washed over her body. She threw herself into the doorframe, leaning against the pale off-white wood, hoping to support herself until the feeling of vomiting passed. Once it had, Y/N pushed open the door and stepped out into the hall. She dared not look at the intricately embroidered carpet beneath her feet, knowing that it would only elevate her seasickness, and carefully walked down the hall, keeping one hand on the wall to steady herself. 

She hesitated at the bottom of the steps, freezing when she saw the water from the deck above trickling in. Taking a deep breath, she tugged her robe tighter around her body and pushed on, ignoring the water as it lapped at her feet. Or at least, she ignored it the best she could. It was hard to think of things other than the danger that was surrounding the ship, and the feeling of the frigid water clinging to her socks. She should have put on her slippers...

Y/N emerged onto the top deck and froze instantly. She had expected terror, but nothing could have prepared her for the horrifying sight before her. Tentacles the colour of the darkened sky around them surrounded the ship, waving tantalisingly as they displayed the serrated edges on the suction cups. One fell towards the ship right in front of Y/N and she screamed, scrambling out of the way as the black and purple tentacle crashed down on the deck in front of her, pulling away to reveal the dagger-like indents on the surface.

Y/N noticed one of the sailors standing not too far from her and she quickly ran over to him. 

"What's going on," she yelled over the wind and rain.