𝟏𝟔 | 𝐑𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐭

ᵒᶠ ⁿⁱᵍʰᵗᵐᵃʳᵉˢ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵈʳᵉᵃᵐˢ

𝔖𝔬𝔫𝔤: 𝔗𝔞𝔤 𝔜𝔬𝔲'𝔯𝔢 ℑ𝔱- 𝔐𝔢𝔩𝔞𝔫𝔦𝔢 𝔐𝔞𝔯𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔢𝔷

Warnings: blood, yandere (death in a dream), manipulation

♥♠♣♦ —— ☠ —— ♥♠♣♦

Y/N panted as she ran through the woods, eyes wild with fear, hair that had once been pinned up in a prim and proper bun now in ruins. Branches stuck out of her mangled hair, mud-caked her cheeks, and her clothing was torn by branches and brambles. She worried not for the thorns inching deeper into her skin with each pull of her muscles, nor the dagger-like pain stabbing her side, or even for the burning sensation that was slowly creeping through her throat like poison. 

She let out a small yelp as her foot caught on a tree root and she tumbled down a small incline, landing in a puddle of mud. She spat out the foul-tasting substance, wiped her lips on her stained clothing, and got to her feet, panting as she scrambled up the other side of the embankment. 

She cursed the first drops of rain as they started to pelt down around her, bringing a haunting feeling that she hated. At least in the silent forest, she could hear everything around her. Now, as the rain struck leaves and branches, the footsteps of her pursuer fell silent. And though the rain didn't help her in the least, it certainly helped her pursuer. More than what he needed.

Y/N dared not stop as she ran, trying to ignore the increasing pain of her body screaming at her to slow down or rest for a moment. She grunted against the pain, slamming into a large cedar. Her legs nearly gave out, and she would have collapsed if not for the sturdy bark of the tree. She dug her nails into the bark, leaving behind claw marks as she tried to hold herself upright. 

Hair stuck to her face, slipping between her lips and down her throat, making her choke as she tried to catch her breath. Rain and tears mixed on her face, blood streaming from a wound on her forehead that had come from her hitting her head on a low-hanging branch. 

"Y/N~ Ma moitié~ It's dangerous in the woods." The voice of her pursuer became one with the rain, pounding in her ears as the rain pounded on the stone around her. Y/N let out a sob, allowing her body to sink to the ground, unable to keep herself upright anymore. 

"Y/N~"

The young girl shivered and pressed herself against the trunk of the tree, turning her face away from the sight before her. She didn't want to see her pursuer as he found her, crouched like a wounded chipmunk beneath a tree, unable to escape.

"Where are you?"

Y/N glanced to the side and felt her heart leap as she saw a root raised off the ground the slightest bit. It was covered with leaves and mud. A natural hiding spot. She glanced back the way she had come, straining her ears, trying to listen to the footsteps through the pounding of the rain around her, and through the thundering of her heart. 

"Y/N~"

He was close. Too close...

Struggling with her pounding heart, Y/N pulled herself closer to the roots, wincing as a jagged rock cut her side, drawing out a thin line of blood, and staining the tip. Y/N ignored it and slipped beneath the roots, clapping a hand over her mouth when she noticed a spider dangling in front of her face. 

As she lay there, fearful of the man currently stalking her, calling to her as if she were his prey, she thought back to what had caused them both to run from the school.