𝟏𝟕 | 𝐄𝐩𝐞𝐥 𝐅𝐞𝐥𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐫

ᵗʰᵉ ᵐᵃˢᵠᵘᵉʳᵃᵈᵉ

𝔖𝔬𝔫𝔤: 𝔏𝔦𝔨𝔢 𝔞 𝔙𝔞𝔪𝔭𝔦𝔯𝔢 - ℭ𝔞𝔱𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔫

Warnings: vampire, blood

♥♠♣♦ —— ☠ —— ♥♠♣♦

Epel felt his heart stop as he watched the woman slowly descend the stairs to where her brother was waiting for her. H/c hair that shone in the light of the flickering candles, eyes as dark as rubies that seemed to dance about the hall, eventually settling on Epel's small form near the front. He nervously lifted his goblet to his lips, wincing as the ruby liquid slipped through his lips, burning his tastebuds and the back of his throat as the wine swam through his mouth. He tried not to grimace as he pulled the goblet away, the edge of his tongue running around his lips to clear away the remains of the wine. 

The woman finally reached the floor where the guests were waiting and extended her hand, allowing her brother to take it. He gave her a tight-lipped smile and pulled her further into the ballroom. Epel couldn't take his eyes off her, even as he conversed with Rook Hunt, an old friend from his days at Night Raven College. Her f/c dress floated across the ground, rippling with each graceful movement, her heels hardly making a sound as she placed them delicately on the polished floor. 

Rook quickly noticed his friend's fascination with the young woman and the corners of his lips quirked up. "She is quite beautiful, is she not?"

Epel nodded, somewhat unaware of Rook's question. He took another sip of the wine, this time able to ignore the burn in the back of his throat as he stared at the young woman. She was enticing. Tantalising. And as she glanced over her shoulder towards Epel with a teasing smirk on her face, he knew that she was well aware of just how beautiful she was. He watched as she tapped her brother's shoulder and leaned up to whisper something into his ear, her eyes all the while on Epel's form. 

She glided away from her brother, the fabric of her dress hardly making a sound as it brushed across the floor and as she weaved between the guests between where she had been standing, and where Rook and Epel were standing. 

"Dear Rook," the woman purred, extending her hand to the man, allowing him to kiss the back of it. "How are you on this fine evening?" 

It wasn't a fine evening. Thunder and lightning shook the castle every minute, threatening to send the entire castle of stone crashing into the valley below. 

"Simply splendid, Princess de sang." 

Epel wished he could understand what Rook was saying. 

"Y/N, you remember dear little Epel from NRC, do you not?" 

Y/N smiled. "Of course I do. How could I forget?" She curtsied to Epel. "How wonderful to see you again, Epel. I'm pleased you decided to accept our invitation."

Epel nodded, unsure of what to say. "T-thank you for inviting me."

Rook leaned down and whispered something to Y/N before walking off to where Vil was still talking with their guests. 

"Would you like to walk with me," Y/N asked, holding out her hand for Epel. "The gardens should be lovely."

"What about the rain?"

"We have a covered pavilion outside," Y/N said. "It should be nice and quiet out there for us, and I would like to catch up with you. It's been so long."

Epel smiled and took the offered hand, setting down his drink and allowing Y/N to pull him through the crowd. 

As they reached the exit of the ballroom, Y/N pushed the doors open, revealing the splendid gardens that she and Vil cared for. Roses, lilies, morning glories, violets, and almost every other sort of flower grew along the cobblestone path, along with willows, oaks, and pines that bordered the edges of their property. And in the centre of it all sat a large white pavilion, sparkling in the rain like a beacon.