𝟏𝟖 | 𝐈𝐝𝐢𝐚 𝐒𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐝

𝔖𝔬𝔫𝔤: 𝔈𝔫𝔢𝔪𝔶 - ℑ𝔪𝔞𝔤𝔦𝔫𝔢 𝔇𝔯𝔞𝔤𝔬𝔫𝔰, 𝔍ℑ𝔇, 𝔏𝔢𝔞𝔤𝔲𝔢 𝔬𝔣 𝔏𝔢𝔤𝔢𝔫𝔡𝔰

Warning: Hades and Persephone story inspiration

♥♠♣♦ —— ☠ —— ♥♠♣♦

"Ignihyde," Y/N whispered as she walked through the empty halls, the walls lined with the familiar stone of her boyfriend's dorm. The same grey stone that she had grown accustomed to, despite her love of the sunlight that shone in the sky above.

But there was something... wrong... this time. With the dorm that is.

There was something wrong in the way that the flames flickered as if they were being whipped by an invisible ghost, forced into submission rather than dancing freely as they often did. The stone beneath her bare feet almost felt cold. Cold enough that it burned. Cold enough that she was half tempted to wade through the river that ran alongside the path, but as she neared the edge, she realised that she would much rather suffer the freezing pain of the stone. She jumped back when she realised that she was staring into a river that she had never seen before in the dorm. A river of blue and murky green, with drowned bodies floating along the surface, the ends of their bodies and clothing fading into the water.

"What is this," she whispered, crouching down beside the edge of the river. She leaned over one of the larger rocks and reached out to brush her fingers along the surface, but she was quickly pulled back into a warm chest, an arm slipping around her waist.

"I thought I told you not to touch the water."

Y/N glanced up into the face of her boyfriend, though she paled when she realised that this wasn't the boy that she had fallen in love with. Rather than the usual black and blue hoodie that he wore, always accompanied by a pair of dark black headphones, he was dressed in what seemed to be an ancient tunic. A toga... The one that the Lord of the Underworld was wearing in his statue.

"Idia," Y/N asked, turning back to the river. "Where are we? What is that?"

Idia chuckled darkly, his lips curling into a grin, revealing his shark-like teeth. He reached out and grasped Y/N's chin, turning her back towards him, her gaze slipping from the river.

"Silly girl, how could you forget so easily?" He cackled and Y/N shivered, trying to pull herself away from the boy. This was most certainly not her beloved Idia Shroud. Not the boy who could hardly string a sentence together without stumbling over his own tongue. Not the boy who spent hours by his computer, typing away furiously as he fought against ogres and trolls, battling bandits and rouges, and issuing commands to whatever avatar he was playing as. Not the boy who had spent days, weeks, and months building an ai of his deceased brother because he missed him so terribly.

"Oh, wait," Idia snickered, leaning closer to Y/N. "It was that time that you spent on the surface, wasn't it? The time that you spent with your ditzy mother and un-loyal father." He brushed some of Y/N's hair aside, his hand trailing down the side of his face and tilting it up to face his. His thumb brushed against her lip, almost as if he was lost in thought. "Perhaps I should have given you more pomegranate seeds..."

"What?"

Idia rolled his eyes and pulled Y/N with him as he started walking away, further away from the river, and further away from the bodies that seemed to be decaying within the waves. He guided her along a path that led up into what Y/N remembered as the main portion of the dorm. But when they got there, Y/N realised that it was much different than what she remembered. There was no hall leading down to the many dorms, packed full of boys both older and younger than she. There was no second stairwell that led to Idia's room. Instead, there was just a large table in the centre of the room, sitting beneath a window that looked out over the whole of the dorm.