𝟐𝟒 | 𝐅𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐫

ʳᵉᵛᵉⁿᵍᵉ ᵒᶠ ᵃ ᵇʳᵒᵏᵉⁿ ʰᵉᵃʳᵗ

𝔖𝔬𝔫𝔤: 𝔗𝔬𝔫𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱 𝔚𝔢 𝔖𝔱𝔯𝔦𝔨𝔢 - ℌ𝔶𝔢𝔫𝔞𝔰, 𝔍𝔞𝔫𝔧𝔞, 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔐𝔷𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔬

Warning: Dead animal carcasses

♥♠♣♦ —— ☠ —— ♥♠♣♦

Y/N gritted her teeth, staring at the skull in her hand. A simple mouse skull. The only food that was out here in the Outlands, and even then, they were few and far in between. No one dared venture beyond the borders of Sunset Savannah. Even the animals were terrified of what they might find in the lands that were caked and dried by the sun. And there was really no reason for them to go out there. It wasn't like there was any food out there.

Y/N snarled and snapped the skull between her fingers, the fragments tumbling from her fist and to the ground below. She couldn't believe that she had been banished to the Outlands. She hadn't even done anything! 

"'Ey, Y/N?"

"Yeah?" Her voice, once light and kind, was now shadowed with disgust. Her every word seemed to drip with poison. 

Standing at the mouth of the cave were her three friends, Sadiki, Bongani, and Enzi. She sighed and got to her feet, picking up the zebra carcass and throwing it to the mouth of the cave, watching as it fell with a sickening thud. Bongani and Enzi were quick to grab it and drag it out into the open where the rest of their band would be able to eat it, but Sadiki remained where she was, watching Y/N as she sat down on the small stone ledge on the side of the cave. 

"You know I hate them as much as you do," the female muttered, running her nails along the side of the cave as she approached her friend, "but it's been a year, Y/N."

Y/N snapped her head in the direction of the beast woman, her eyes glinting like daggers in the darkness. Her hands flexed, the sunlight catching the silver edges and casting dangerous rainbows of light around the cave.

Sadiki rolled her eyes. "That'll work on Bongani and Enzi, but not on me." She flopped down onto the seat beside Y/N. She winced as she sat on something sharp and wiggled around until she grabbed the mouse spine that had been poking her. She scoffed and stared at the scarps that littered the cavern floor.

"Don't you ever clean up?"

"You wanna do it?"

"Nah." Sadiki chucked the spine onto Y/N's bed, uncaring if Y/N woke her up that night to lecture her about throwing bones into her bed. At least she would leave her cave. 

There was a flapping near the entrance of the cave and both women got to their feet, frowning when they saw the vulture sitting at the entrance. A second later, and after a rather painful glow, a scrawny man stood in place of the vulture, his hands tucked into the pockets of his jacket.

"What news, Mbita," Y/N asked. Her lion ears flicked in irritation. 

"Well, it seems that the king has had another son," the man smirked, his voice crawling over the stone to the two women. 

"And?"

"He bears the sign of the Lion Guard."

Y/N snarled at the mention of her old guard, her hands forming fists. Once upon a time, when she had lived in the Savannah, she had been a part of the guard. While the position of the fiercest had been taken by the prince, as it usually was taken by the second-born royal, she had held the title of the fastest. Only upon Leona's rejection of the guard was she given the position of the fiercest.