𝟐𝟖 | 𝐌𝐢𝐫𝐚 𝐑𝐞𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐤

ᵗʰᵉ ᵐⁱʳʳᵒʳ'ˢ ˢᵉᶜʳᵉᵗ

𝔖𝔬𝔫𝔤: 𝔇𝔞𝔯𝔨𝔰𝔦𝔡𝔢 - 𝔑𝔢𝔬𝔫𝔦

Warnings: nightmares, possession (kinda?)

♥♠♣♦ —— ☠ —— ♥♠♣♦

The haunting glass stood before her. Cool and poised, the mirror shimmering with the light of the candles surrounding her. The darkness of the night, shrouded by clouds flickered in the pane of glass. Y/N raised her hand and gently pressed it to the surface of the glass. She knew she ought to have flinched as the tips of her fingers met the frigid pane, though she couldn't find the urge to shiver. It seemed as though her fingers had become frozen to the glass, and slowly, she allowed the rest of her hand to settle on it, staring into the abyss before her. The image flickered from her own face, tired and dreary, to an empty space of onyx darkness, filled with nothing but swirling whisps of smoke that slithered across the ground like snakes. 

"Come to me," the voice whispered. 

Y/N took a step towards the glass, her body freezing as her bare heel rested on the ground. The pull in her chest couldn't be ignored, but neither could the warning in her mind. The warning told her that something was amiss. Something was wrong with the glass before her. She took another step, now standing directly in front of the mirror, staring lifelessly into the void. Did she want to enter?"

"Come to me," the voice whispered again. This time it felt as though there was heat on the back of her neck as if someone was standing behind her, slowly pushing her towards the mirror. Her eyes fluttered shut and she bowed her head, her forehead now resting against the glass. She could feel the burning freeze that coursed through her body, though she seemed to ignore it. 

She felt the gentle caress of fingers on the palm of her hand, and as she stood there, unsure of what to do, the fingers snaked around her hand, pulling her into the mirror. As her fingers passed through the glass, she could feel another hand emerging, gently cupping her cheek and moving it closer towards the mirror.

"Come to me..."

Y/N woke with a startled gasp, throwing Grim off of the bed and onto the floor. Her chest heaved and her body shook, unable to comprehend what it was that she had just witnessed. But now, as she sat in her bed, rigid with fear, she found she couldn't remember anything but the freezing touch that still lingered in her body. She stared at the blankets, clutched tightly in her hands, eyes wide and fearful as they tried to remember anything. Something. Even just one thing. Where had she been? What had happened? Why was she so frightened by her dream that she woke up from it, desperate for the comforting embrace of reality? 

"What was that for," an angry Grim asked, clambering back up onto the bed, his ears sparking in irritation. But he paused when he saw Y/N's form, hunched over, her arms wrapped around her shoulders, gently rubbing them as if trying to soothe the cold from her bones. Grim softly padded over to her and snuggled into her arm, hoping to warm her with his fire. 

"Sorry, Grim," Y/N whispered, though she still didn't look at him. It was as though she could see everything, but registered nothing. "This... This is real... right?"

Grim nodded and nuzzled his nose against her skin. "Yeah. It's real..." He hesitated, wondering if he should ask. "What was your dream about?"

"I... I can't remember."

♥♠♣♦ —— ☠ —— ♥♠♣♦

"So you don't remember anything?"