kamala's weird pregnancy cravings!

*Kamala has some weird cravings during her second pregnancy! Thank you to legobuilder1223 for mostly writing this and I added a few things! Such a fun throwback chapter! Enjoy! Love • Bree 🍬*

May 11th, 2022

Oval Office

Kamala has just walked in and she is sitting in the reclining chair that Joe got just for her since she is currently seven months pregnant.

Kamala told him to not waste his money on a chair that looks extremely odd in the Oval Office. However, Joe wanted Kamala to be comfortable during the meetings because they can be long.

Sitting in the chairs or the couches in the Oval Office weren't comfortable to Kamala since she has experienced more back pain this pregnancy than her pregnancy with Devi.

Kamala is sipping on her small coffee from Dunkin Donuts which is her favorite right now. Kamala doesn't like drinking coffee but she needs the energy being Vice President and a mom to an almost toddler. She only gives herself one small coffee a day and the rest of the day she drinks either water or Gatorade.

Joe walks back into the office after going to the bathroom and he has the documents that will be discussed during the Presidential Briefing this morning. Joe also has an iPad for himself and Kamala so they can get some work done together.

Joe smiles at Kamala and walks over to her, wanting to give her a hug. Kamala gets ready to pull the chair down and stand up but Joe quickly stops her.

"No no, stay seated. I know your back hurts." Joe says as he places the iPads and documents on his desk before hugging Kamala and kissing her cheek.

"How are you feeling?" Joe asks Kamala with a grin.

"I feel pretty good! I'm sleeping much better ever since I bought one of those pregnancy pillows. I didn't get one when I was pregnant with Devi because I didn't have problems sleeping until the last few weeks of pregnancy. But with Ivy, I'm having lots of trouble sleeping for a few weeks now!" Kamala says as Joe chuckles.

"That's good! I'm glad you are sleeping better! You need your rest. Ashley got one of those big pillows when she was pregnant and she loved it! I think she still sleeps with it sometimes." Joe says chuckling.

"And Hillary gave me a number to a massage company and they have been coming three times a week to give me massages. She used them when she was pregnant with Henry and then in 1998 when she hurt her back. They give really good massages! Dougie does too but he does a better job with my feet." Kamala says to Joe.

"I love rubbing Jilly's feet and she loves it back." Joe says as he sits down and sips on his water.

Kamala rubs her baby bump and Joe smiles.

"Is my granddaughter moving around in here?" Joe asks Kamala and she nods.

"She is! I think she just woke up! The coffee must be waking her up." Kamala says giggling.

"Can I feel?" Joe asks Kamala softly.

"Of course!" Kamala says as Joe gently puts his hand on Kamala's baby bump.

"Active girl, active just like her big brother was." Joe says happily.

"I think she flipped because I'm feeling kicks in my ribs now. Her big brother bruised my ribs, I'm sure she'll do the same thing." Kamala says as Joe chuckles.

"She'll be here before we know it!" Joe says as he sits down at his desk and gets ready for the Presidential Briefing.

"I know! Two more months! I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone. It feels faster than Devi's." Kamala says as she rubs her baby bump some more.