Part 2: Chapter 34

Was waiting for Dream's face reveal, instead I wrote a chapter. Enjoy!

Chapter 34
Luca

I didn’t wait for Apollo or Ares or Triton before running towards the entrance to the carnival where two mascots stood, waving and smiling at the people who entered. One mascot was a purple colored elephant while the other one was a gray mouse with a big bow on his head. They were carrying balloons and waving at the people as they entered and I really couldn’t wait to meet them, so without waiting for my boyfriends, I ran as fast as I could and started approaching them.

The closer I got the bigger the mascots became and when I was right in front of them, I only reached up to their shoulders making me pout because I really wanted to touch the elephants ears.

They were still welcoming a group of people when the mouse noticed me and slowly leaned down so he was almost to my face.

“Do you have a ticket?” it asked and I almost screamed when I saw their empty, unmoving eyes. Taking a couple steps back, I was disrupted when a fluffy texture hit my back. I turned around and saw the elephant right behind me, also leaning down to say something to me but I was too distracted by their lifeless eyes to even hear them.

They didn’t look this scary a couple of meters away but now that I’m in front of them, I’m suddenly noticing every little thing. Like how weird and fake their smiles looked, or how crusty the mouse’s fur was, or even the weird stain on the elephant's chest.

Goosebumps travelled down my spine and I was so close to sobbing when a warm hand wrapped around my shoulder and pulled me away from the scary monsters.

“There you are, baby, you should have waited for us” I easily recognized the voice as Ares and immediately hid behind him, avoiding both the mascot’s gaze.

“Tickets?” I could hear one of them ask but didn’t dare look, Apollo seemed to show them something and the next thing I knew, I was being pulled inside the carnival while the mascots stayed in the entrance greeting the other guests.

“Luca, you okay?” I heard Triton ask after we were at a safe distance and I switched places with Ares so I was in the middle of our group.

“Mm-hmm” I nodded, “They looked scary” I added, making Ares burst out with laughter.

Some people who were walking around us took a moment and stopped to stare at us, making me red with embarrassment. All I could do was smack Ares’ shoulder and glare at him, hoping that he would stop.

“Okay, shut up Ares. That’s enough” Apollo finally butted in after a while and it made Ares stop.

When it was quiet, I took the time to look around and immediately let out a gasp when I saw how pretty everything was.

Rides were everywhere with a bunch of lights attached to them making them flicker in different colors every time it spun, dropped or swung. Music was also playing in every direction and no matter how different they were, they managed to form this harmony that sounded a lot better than it should have.

Also, the food stalls that decorated the area were so bright and fun looking that I couldn't wait to try them all.

As if sensing my thoughts, Apollo slowly took my hand in his.

"Anything you wanna try first?" He asked before pulling me to the different food stalls so I could take a closer look.

"Oh this slick motherfucker" I could hear Ares say in the back followed by the sound of shoes against gravel getting nearer and nearer.

Soon enough, another hand held my free hand. I looked up and expected to see Ares but was surprised to see that it was Triton.He simply shot me a sweet smile before lightly swinging our arms together.