Chapter 17

Y/n's POV

I was skating down the road. It was dark and kind of chilly for outerbanks.

I had a case of beer in my hand along with my backpack with my stuff in it.

The island seemed completely dead. Abandoned almost. The only lights that showed were the street lights and the moon. No house lights and no business lights. There were no cars, not even parked on the street.

It was fucking creepy.

I skated as fast as I could. I just wanted to be with my friends and not by myself anymore.

I could see the château in the distance. I pushed along faster and faster and then bam...

I fell...

The wheel hit a pebble...

"Motherfucker!" I yelled as I stood back in my feet and walked the rest of the way, leaving my skateboard on the porch.

"Holy shit, y/n!" JJ shouted drunkenly excited.

"Damn what happened?" Pope asked.

"I fell off my skateboard." I sighed.

I looked down at my shins and they were all scraped up.

"I'll be back. Here's the beer." I put it on the couch and John B and JJ attacked it.

I went to the bathroom to clean up my legs and pee. I had drunken 2 more smoothies and it was catching up to me.

I threw my sneakers and socks off and ran my shins underwater. I cringed at the feeling before shutting the water off and using a paper towel to dry them off.

"You got peroxide?" I peaked my head out of the bathroom.

"I got it!" JJ shouted as he stood quickly and stumbled towards the bathroom.

"We keep it in this pretty box right here." He pulled a blue box from under the sink and handed me the peroxide and a few big bandaids.

"So are you and Rafe dating?" He asked as I went back to the run and spray peroxide all over the cuts.

I clenched my teeth and seethed as JJ kept talking.

"No JJ we aren't dating." I said as I put the bandaids on.

"Oh that's sad. I kind of hate him but you guys are cute together."
He hummed.

"You think so?" I asked him.

"Yea he's like at your feet. It's weird he's normally a duchebag but not to you." He spoke.

"Hmmm." I hummed.

"Do you like chickens?" He asked.

"The the animal or like the food version of the animal?" I asked him.

"The animal." He said wide eyed.

"I guess so." I said.

"Have you seen the chicken? It's John Bs dads." He said.

"Yea I've met him." I told him as I put my socks back on along with my shoes.

"Oh okay, well I'm gonna go drink more beer." He said.

"Ok I'll be out in a second." I told him as he walked out. JJ was like a 5 year old when drunk.

I went pee before going out there. I had an already rolled blunt and weed in my bag.

I sat on the couch next to a lonely looking Pope and lit it.

"How you doin buddy?" I asked as I blew the smoke out.