forty-six - gq

The past weeks have been go, go, go, and it continues. Austin and I are both living like we're nocturnal, sleeping in the morning, and going out in the evening. The constant travel and time change is only making it more difficult, but I want to support Austin each night and I wouldn't change it for anything. He's like a kid on the first day of school before each red carpet and the look on his face after seeing the film again is priceless.

We're currently in Nashville for a two day break before the next showing in Memphis, which Austin's extremely nervous for since all of Elvis's family will be there.

Today he headed to a photoshoot with GQ before I woke up, so I'm trying to do something fun for him in the hotel today. We've been living in different hotels every night, and our schedule has pretty much been wake up, eat, hair, makeup, red carpet, watch the movie, interviews for him, go back to the hotel, and sleeping. We haven't taken much time for ourselves and to think about anything other than Elvis.

I figure Austin would agree to anything I want to do, but I want to plan something he actually likes. As I contemplate what to do, I get a text from my mom.

momma

Hi Isla. When are you coming home? Dad and I miss you.

me

i think a week or two

a few more stops...memphis, manhattan, canada, phoenix, then back to la i think

momma

Woah... that's a lot of travel.

Are you feeling okay?

me

yeah. i was a little sick after london but i think that was my own fault

momma

Wdym?

me

a late night out with a lot of drinking lol

momma

Ohhh...

Take care of yourself, Isla.

Love, Mom.

me

will do!

love you, mom

Now that my mom's asked about my health, I can't help but think about it. I check my tracking app and realize that my period is a few weeks late. Nothing's really unusual about that considering the travel and my sleeping and eating habits for the entirety of the trip. Austin and I have been careful. I've got an implant and we've used condoms so it's very unlikely that I'm pregnant. It doesn't make sense.

I realized how distracted from the task I've become, so I go back to brainstorming ideas to surprise Austin with. Then it hits me. A few days ago, he was telling me how he hasn't seen his best friend, Ashley Tisdale in years, due to filming and their schedules. He still hasn't met her baby daughter, Jupiter, and he's sick of talking to Ashley over facetime. It's not exactly what I was originally thinking, but I think it would definitely help him relax and take a break.

First, I go to Ashley's instagram to find out where she is right now, and it's like it was meant to be. From what I can see, she's on a trip in Orlando which is a 2 hour flight away. Austin's shoot should take a few more hours since he's supposed to film a few interviews as well. Just to be sure I send him a text: