Chapter Eleven.

Rakim

It's been a full week since that situation went down at the trap. Them niggas that shot up the trap was some niggas we fought a long time ago. They accused us of stealing some money and drugs from them. They knew damn well we didn't steal anything from them. So I guess they located us and started blasting at our ass. Stupid asses must didn't know we were packing. So basically we killed them. I had Twelvyy, Ant, & Illy to hide their bodies that night when we took Taya to the hospital.

Speaking of Taya, homegirl isn't doing too well. Her and Ferg been very distant, I could understand why. I can't believe she had a miscarriage. Shit, I didn't know she was pregnant.

Ferg been trying to comfort her as much as he can. He even let her stay at his crib. They haven't been in school so I been trying to get their work for them. Nice nigga? I know. Ferg said he knew exactly who got Tay pregnant, but he didn't tell me. Nigga planning a sneaky ass plan so I'm going to just go along with my bro. Shit fucked up though.

Lauren been distancing herself from me too. The situation with Tay is taking a toll on her. She always telling me she fine but I know she ain't. I been checking up on them to make sure they aight. Shit just so fucking weird. Tay been out of the hospital for a couple of days. Dr. Freeman said she should be good in a few weeks. Weird part about Tay being in the hospital is that her moms ain't even come to check on her or to even come pick her up when they discharge her. Lauren mother, Ms. Tasha, came and got her since an adult had to get her. Lauren, Ferg, Ms. Tasha, Me, and including the whole mob been helping out with Tay. We just pray she gets well soon.

Me being the nigga that's always thinking. The time when Tay was walking on my street with her shirt ripped and makeup smeared came to mind. Something must have happen then. If only she would have told me.

"Aye, um can I get Darold's work?" I asked Ferg's forth hour teacher, Mrs. Hughley.

"Sure, but when is he's coming back to school. He have missed a week and two days already." She said.

"Whenever the fuck he feels like it." I spoked through clenched teeth. Teachers were pissing me off asking about when Ferg coming back? What happened with him and Taya? None of your damn business. Teachers are messier than the damn students. Be gossiping about you with other teachers.

"Watch your mouth, young man." She gathered the papers.

"Nah, you stop worryin' about other people business." I snatched the papers out her hands and walked out her classroom. I held onto Ferg's and Tay's class work as I walked to the office to check Lauren out. We was gonna head over to Ferg's place to see Taya.

I open the door and walked up to my favorite person, Mama Hollin.

"Rakim." She greeted. She walked around the desk and hugged me.

Mama Hollin was my old babysitter when I was a young boy. The sweetest lady in the world, man. She always give me some encouraging words when I need some and she always looking out for a nigga.

"Hey Mama Hollin, how you doing?" I hugged her back.

"Oh I'm good baby. What you need?" She walked back over to the rolling chair and sat down.

"I need to check myself and someone else out."

"Okay who?"

"Lauren Rice."

"Lauren Rice." She repeated. "Your girlfriend isn't it?"

"Yeah. How you know?"

"Mama Hollin knows everything, baby." She smiled, typing in our names.