forty-seven - ashley

I spend the next 2-ish hours getting ready, tidying up the hotel suite, and checking in on Austin, who's supposed to be another 2 hours. Then, I get a DM.

@ashleytisdale

Landing in 20!

@isladempsey

omw to the airport!

I quickly find an Uber and head to the airport, stopping to get Ashley coffee on the way there.

After the 15 minute ride in busy traffic, I finally arrive at the airport, getting dropped off by the uber and let Ashley know I'm here. Within the next 30 minutes, she gets off the plane, collects her luggage, and meets me.

"Isla!" I hear her cheerful voice and I turn to see her hurying toward me with her daughter wrapped on her, a suitcase being pulled in one hand, and the other reaching to hug me.

"Ashley!" I embrace her from the side, trying not to disturb the baby too much.

She looks toward her daughter, "This is Jupiter."

"Hi, Jupiter," I say, smiling down at her. "She's adorable!"

A small laugh comes from Ashley before she asks, "So, how are you?"

"I'm good, it's so great to meet you!"

"You too! Austin's told me all about you," she grins.

"Of course he has," I blush, guiding her to our ride back to the hotel. Once she's done getting Jupiter into a carseat and we're hopping in the car I ask, "So you've known Austin since he was 15?"

"Yep, and you've known Austin for all of what... a month?" She jokes.

"Hey," I defend before shrugging. "And one day."

"Well you two seem to be perfect together. I've never seen him so crazy about someone."

I can't stop myself from blushing. "I'm gonna ask when he's done shooting."

me

eta at the hotel?

aus <3

Literally was just about to text you.

Leaving right now..home in 20 minutes

me

k

see you soon 😉

aus <3

😉?

me

hehe

I put my phone down and tell Ashley, "We should get to the hotel like... ten minutes before Austin so we're gonna have to be speedy."

"Okay, all I have is this little suitcase and Juju, so I shouldn't take too long."

The rest of the car ride is spent talking about Austin, how he's been the past few weeks, and how he's going to react when he gets back to the hotel.

Eventually, we arrive and hurry out of the car, and up to the 9th floor. Once Ashley and I are situated, we have about 5 minutes to spare so we decide to have her and Jupiter hide in the bathroom, to surprise Austin.

I hear the door unlock and open. Austin walks in, wearing a casual outfit; gray t-shirt, black sweatpants, and trainers. He sets his wallet and phone on a table near the entry, walking toward me and embracing me. I fall back onto the bed from him putting all of his weight on mine.

"Rough day, huh," I laugh, brushing his hair back with the one arm that isn't being pressed to the bed.

"No. Just tired. I didn't eat before I left." I look at him with my disapprooving mom eyes.

"I'll order something," I say, rolling him off of me and going to get my phone. "For now get some water." I toss him a bottle of water. "And clean the powder off your face," I tease. He groans, standing up to wash his face. As he's walking into the bathroom, I lift my phone to record his reaction as I hear him exclaim, "Ash!!!" and her squealing in excitement. He's pulling her into a hug, before noticing the baby carrier rocking on the floor. "Jupiter?" He bends down, to grab her tiny hands and I hear him baby talking to her.

After the initial excitement, he comes over and gives me a hug? "Did you plan this?"

I have a huge smile on my face answering him cheekily, "Mayyybe."

He whispers to me, "I love you," pecking my cheek before letting go and sitting on the bed with Ashley and Jupiter.

I order us some food from room service, as the two best friends catch up.

The day has slipped out of our hands as the three of us are up til midnight, talking, but trying to stay quiet so we don't interrupt Jupiter's sleep. I was contemplating asking for a room switch to a two bed, or getting Ashley a room, but it's so late and the three of us probably won't sleep much anyways tonight.

*

The next morning, we grab an early breakfast together, before Ashley and Jupiter have to head off around noon.

Austin and I talk about the visit while making the short walk from the cafe back to our hotel. "So you seem to be pretty good with kids," I comment.

He shrugs, "Not to brag, but I am pretty good." I roll my eyes. Sometimes I think I might prefer the shy Austin when he was still nervous around me.

"Okay so there's something I want to talk about," I say gently and by the concerned look on his face, I can tell he knows what I'm hinting at.

"Okay," he cautiously replies.

"So, my period's late." His eyes widen before I quickly add, "but I don't think I'm pregnant."

He lets out a sigh. "But you could be?"

I nod. "I'm never late. But maybe with the travel," I point out. At this point, we're a few blocks away from the hotel. "It might just be the late nights, weird diet, constantly on the move, but I'm still not positive." I begin to ramble, "I just wanted to let you know because I didn't want to spring anything on you and if I am..." I pause, "pregnant, then I don't know what I'll do or what you'd want to do and if I'm not then this isn't a big deal and it'll be okay but I'm just-"

"Isla," he interrupts me and we stop walking, "Take a deep breath."

I inhale and exhale as I wrap my arms around him, completely exhausted from the stress.

"Whatever happens, I'm here, babe. If we have a baby, we have a baby, if you don't want a baby, we don't have a baby. If you're not pregnant, then we'll talk about it in the future." He adds, "Way in the future." I let out a sigh of relief. He's so incredibly perfect and he always knows what to say to calm me down. I can tell inside he's got hundreds of thoughts going through his mind, but on the outside, he stays calm and collected to try to relax me.

"I love you, Austin." I stand on my tiptoes, placing a delicate kiss on his lips. "I'm sorry this is my fault."

"Hey, no no no." He grabs my hand and pulls me to keep walking. "If anybody's at fault, it's me," he jokes before reminding me, "I love you, Isla."

The two of us walk further down the block, finding a Walgreens, and heading inside. 

**********

hehehehe

let's pretend they've been together longer than a month bc they're already 1000% in love with each other