Chapter 16: Stand In The Rain

Juri found herself gasping for air due to how fast she's been running. When he wasn't in her sight, she summoned her black and red wings that carried to the top region of tall tree. Juri climbed to the top of the branches and stood on the thickest branch to support her better. Her back was pressed against the wood as she felt sheds of it poking her exposed skin. Her hand flew to her mouth to supress any noise she made, mostly her panting. Juri flinched when she heard another presence enter the area. She pressed herself farther into the tree, hoping the thickness of the leaves would cloak her. She felt her lashes touch the top of her cheek as her green orbs looked below the tree she hid in. Below, she spotted the Winter spirit scanning the area, his blue eyes hopping one by one to an empty area, as he continued walking. He sighed in frustration, and jogged away.

Once Juri knew that he was 100% gone, she quickly flew out of the tree and flew quickly to the palace. She made her way to front door and urgently opened them, it was getting dark.already so she planned to stay there for the entire day. As soon as she entered, the warmth of the palace eased the cold on her burning skin. Juri walked to her bedroom and when the door shut, her back slid down against it as she sat to the floor with her head her hands.

"He...loves me? How...?" She whispered. Juri didn't understand why he loved her and knew many things about her, that everyone on Anthemoessa did not know. A person that she's only known for not even two weeks, knew more about her than anyone else on the island; those who she has known for her entire life. How?

Juri decided to change into a nightgown, being that it was dawn abd she didn't plan on leaving either (picture>>>). During that time, her head was revolving around two subjects: how did Jack know her more than anybody? And what was that vision she had earlier? She couldn't answer these questions on her own. So Juri then remembered she had planned to question Leukosia about this. Before Juri could step to the door, something caught her eye. A bag. A bag that layed on the middle of her king sized bed, with a note on top. Juri furrowed her eyebrows together in confusion as she sat down on her bed, picking up the note reading it aloud.

"I am glad I was finally able to give this to you, pretty good idea of me to bring this with us huh?! Anyways, I suggest you read them, it'll explain everything. Sincerily, North."

Juri slapped down the note behind her as she picked up the bag, setting it on her lap. Her finger pulled at the zipper, till the inside fully revealed hundreds of folded papers.

"Is he trying to kill me with papercuts?" Juri said jokingly to herself. She reached in and pulled out the first one her finger came in contact with. She flipped it open, her eyes widening with a gasp from her lips as Juri read the first two words, continued.

Dear Juri,

I went by Burgess and saw Jamie and Sophie again after all this time. Sophie asks a lot where you are, she really does miss you. But her being so small, we couldn't tell her what happened. I just told her again, you're sleeping. She tells me to go wake you up, and I wish you were sleeping. As for Jamie, he knows. He misses you too, and asks if I found you. And I haven't.

From: Jack

Day 283

"What?!" Juri whispered, gripping the paper. Who are these people? And what does he mean, I'm 'sleeping'?! She threw the letter aside and dug into the bag for another letter.

Dear Juri,

Happy Birthday Juri. You would have been 19 years old today if you were a human, but like me, you are forever 18. Either way, it doesn't hurt to say happy birthday every once in while right? And, yesterday was also the day we first met. I went by your mom's grave, and guess what, they put your dad's right next to hers. I'm not sure if that's good thing that he's dead but good that he's next to- oh forget I wrote any of that, I sound like an idiot. Anyways, I went to them, and apologized again for what happened. And I hope I can be forgiven when I find you.

From: Jack,

Day 278

Juri was confused on what the number of days ment. She was shocked that he wrote this, she picked up another.

Dear Juri,

Guess what today is? Our one year anniversary. Is it weird I keep track of these things? Well what else am I suppose to do? Heh, this day I have to say, was the best day of my 318 years of living. Next to meeting you, this day tops it. The day you kissed me, the day we decided to leave together, but...also the day you died. I love you Juri, I always have and always will. I just wish you weren't gone.

From: Jack,

Day 365

The more she read, the more it confused her on this man and her life. What was the lie, and who was the liar? Juri couldn't seem to out down these letters, each one was written every day all by the same person: Jack. Juri found herself sitting on the floor with piles of letters scattered all around her that she finished reading. Her throat was curling in pain and her stomach uneasy. She was panting, all this was overwhelming. Before she could read the last letter, a sharp loud ringing sound in her ears. Juri fell back, clutching her head in pain, groaning. Visions flooded in her mind as the pain increased.

Her playing the piano with Jack in a duet. Her fighting with Jack, as she pushed him out the door. Recieving her bow and arrow from Aphrodite. Meeting Cupid. Jack holding Juri in his arms she flinched each time lightning struck. Meeting the children. Meeting Jack at the cemetry. Going to Bunny's warren. Tooth's palace. Getting kidnapped by Pitch. Defeating Pitch. Her death as she sang to him in hopes he would stop crying. And then lastly, the day Jack and Juri kissed.

Juri flew up as the ringing and pain stopped, she panted rubbing her head.

"Jack." said Juri, this time she said it with full acknowledgement. "I do know him! A-and I.."

She trailed off as she stared out her window, it was already raining but that didn't stop her from sprinting out the palace with the last letter in her hand.

Dear Juri,

I visited Antarctica today, heh-bad idea. Antarctica was nice as ever, but it only reminded me of you. Man, where are you? You promised that I would find you, and that you weren't dead. It's been over a year. Nothing. I know I sounds like I'm blaming you, but I would never do that. Guess I'm getting impatient. Funny, it's 300 years since no one could see me, and I lived with that. Until I met you.

I guess, I'm impatient, because: I really do need you Juri. I lived 300 years not being visible to everyone, but I can't even stand a year- a day-without you.

From: Jack

Day 427

Juri slowed down as sobs broke out from her mouth, she fell to her knees and clutched the letter to her chest as she cried. Juri couldn't believe how much pain she had caused to the man she loves dearly. Not only did her death cause him pain, but also her not remembering him. All this time, she spent over a year on an island of luxury and praise while Jack spent it searching for her.

"Why did I forget?! I could have been looking for him and we would have found each other faster! Then he wouldn't feel all this pain anymore!" Juri yelled herself through the tears. She looked up and past the rain and clouds she saw the Moon. It shined beautifully in the dark sky, scaring away the dark.

With a shaky breath, Juri whispers, "I love you Jack and I'm so sorry..."

HanaFair's Note: Well I can't type this on my laptop since stupid HanaFair's internet crashed and won't connect to the laptop. So I can only type it on my phone but Wattpad mobile web doesn't offer to bold or italic words ): so sorry. Once my laptop is fixed (hopefully soon) then I can edit this and write better fonted chapters! And I really like this song idk I felt like it kinda clicked for Juri. I wanted to make an AMV of her and Jack with this song or Shattered by Trading Yesterday, but then I realized "HanaFair doesn't know how to make AMVs!" So that was a fail -.- anyways I'll update soon bye!

(New update: Okay NOW I have my laptop fixed so I have edited this now)