Chapter 17: On My Own

"Oh no." Jack muttered under his breath as he felt drops of rain fall on his pale skin. He looked up and saw more droplets fall after another. He pulled his hood over his head as he ran to a tree as its branches blocked some of the rain. Jack was still determined to find Juri, even if he was gonna get soaked.

Before he could step out, a tiny white orb was produced in front of him, blocking his way. It floated in his face as he stared at it, confused.

"Iris message delivery." A woman's voice said from the orb, "Do you accept?"

Jack arched an eyebrow before saying, "Sure...?"

The orb turned into an oval of rainbow, as an image began to form. The blonde in the image stared back at Jack.

"Cupid?" Jack asked.

"No it's Da Vinci. Of course it's me!" He said. "It took a lot of convincing to have Iris not listen into this conversation, let alone let me send a message to Anthemoessa. Is that even Anthemoessa?! And why is it raining cats and dogs?"

"Um Cupid." Jack said, interrupting the rest of Cupid's questions that he kept rambling on about, "Sorry but you have messaged me at the wrong time, I'm actually really busy right."

"Well you can at least tell me news on Juri. Surely you found her right?"

"Oh I found her!" He said, "But apprently! She's 'Queen Juriko' of Anthemoessa and doesn't know me or any of us."

Cupid gave Jack a confused look, "What are you saying?"

"What I'm saying is, Juriko- Juri, lost all of her memory and has been brainwashed by the Siren's into thinking she has lived all her life here on this island..."

Jack began to explain it all, the brainwash, the trip, their stay and their earlier moment.

"Gosh she is so stubborn..." Cupid mumbles with a chuckle.

"Do you think you can go to Tooth's palace and get Juri's teeth?"

"Jack do you not know anything about us? No one can go into anyone's land, let alone get what is theirs without the landowner there and their permission. But, if it's possible, maybe if I can go over there, and shoot Juri with your relationship's arrow she might regain memory of your relationship together."

"You do that please." Jack said with a smirk, "Wait Juri and I have a relationship arrow?"

"Every couple has one. Silver when it first starts out, gold when they are together and writhering rust when the relationship is broken or falling apart. Right now Jack, your arrow is writhering."

Cupid went over to a drawer and opened it. His eyes widening when he stared at the inside.

"Jack?"

"Yeah...?"

"Your and Juri's arrow..." Cupid picked up the item inside to reveal an arrow,

"It's silver..." They both said.

~*~

Juri calmed a bit from her sobs, but still had tears flowing as it continued to rain. She sat in the same spot for a while, as she gripped the letter, trying to shield it from the rain. Juri couldn't believe what was happening, a few hours ago she thought she was Queen Juriko Seirina of Anthemoessa and the Sirens, who lived her whole life on the island, when now she was actually Juri Winters: the legendary Siren, the Guardian of Light, whos parents were killed by enemy Pitch Black who ended up killing her human self. She was also in love with the Guardian of Fun and the Winter spirit: Jack Frost.

Juri felt alone.

The people she thought she knew her whole life, became strangers to her at that moment. But Juri was sad yet angry at the same time, she didn't understand why the people that cared for her, would lie to her about her whole life. Juri looked down at her letter reading the last few sentences.

(Play>>>)

"On my own... Pretending he's beside me. All alone I walk with him till morning." Juri sang to herself.

"Without him, I feel his arms around me..." She sings, rubbing her arms with her eyes closed. In hopes it would come true, "And when I lose my way, I close my eyes. And he has found me..."

"In the rain... the pavement shines like silver..." Juri begins to slowly walk as the rain begins to soak her, but didn't affect her. "All the lights, are misty in the river. In the darkness, the trees are full of starlight... And all I see is him and me, forever and forever."

"And I know it's only in my mind... That I'm talking to myself and not to him." sang Juri as she stared at the trees through the rain, "And although, I know that he is blind... Still I say, there's a way for us."

"I love him." She sang, "But when the night is over...he is gone. The river's just a river." Juri sings as she stops, leaning on tree.

"Without him. The world around me changes! The trees are bare! And everywhere, the streets are full of strangers!" Juri begins to slide down the tree, sitting with her knees up to her chest, arms wrapped around her legs.

"I love him, but every day I'm learning! All my life! I've only been pretending...! Without me, his world will go on turning! A world that's full of happiness that I have never known!!!" Tears slide down her cheeks with her eyes shut tight, as mini sobs seep through. She wipes the hot tears and sniffs.

"I love him." She whispers, "I love him."

Juri looks up at the sky and stares at the Moon with glassy eyes.

"I love him..." Juri sang softly, "But only on...my own..."

She let out a shaky breath, before being interrupted by a sound in the sky that was heard all throughout Anthemoessa.

~*~

A gasp escaped Jack's lips as he heard a large boom in the sky. He spun around and saw a flash of lightning strike into the sky.

"No..." He whispered.

"What is it Jack?" asked Cupid.

Jack didn't even answer, he was already sprinting out of there.

"Juri!" He called, but he couldn't even hear himself due to another thunderclap.

"Jack! Where are you going?!" Cupid yelled, but the Iris message had already ended.

Jack ran as if his life depended on it, and it actually did. 'If Juri is still out here, then it would be worse than a squirming mess than she is at a time like this. She'll be practically paralyzed if she is out here.' he thought. Which didn't help his nervousness, but only increased his speed.

"Juri!"

'I swore I would protect Juri from harm and her fears. Even at my very last breath, I will always be there.'

~

HanaFair's Note: Idk but I feel odd about this chapter, like its not good. Maybe its just me? Anyways my laptop isn't fixed yet and yes I am nitw using my phone to write because that is all I have ): but better than nothing!~