Time- 2

I apparently have an inability to be serious because half of these chapters are planned out to be dumb 💀

Peter sits on the kitchen counter, munching on a snack. He feels unsure, as if he should be doing something right know. It's probably nothing.

He expects to have a relaxing, normal day but apparently, life has other plans for him. Light erupts in the middle of the room and it startles Peter enough for him to fall off the table backwards, plummeting to the floor.

He groans and rubs at a sore spot on his head. He looks up, hoping he doesn't have to fight whatever the hell just invited itself into Stark Tower.

Wait, what-?

Peter's jaw dropped. Speechless, all he could do was tilt his head and stares at... himself. He watches as he steps out of the portal.

"Wha-?"

"Peter," the clone(?) says and cringes, "Wow that's weird to say to myself. Uh-"

"Dude how did you do that that's so cool- are you future me? Did something happen?? This is awesome-" "kind of? I'm you in like, 2 hours. Listen, you don't have much time! YOU HAVE TO-"

The portal shuts.

Oh shit.

There's something important he has to do and he has no idea what. How is he supposed to figure this out?? What if he just caused the end of the world?

He ends up in Natasha's room explaining the entire situation. She thinks he's finally lost it until he shows her the security footage.

"Nat what do I do?? How did I do something that was bad enough for my future self to get into a time- portal- thing and tell me to my face how bad I fucked up?"

"You seriously don't remember something worthy of that? A villain you fought a few days ago? Months ago? You know how much they hate when you forget about them." "No one! Only a few robbers but these dudes aren't end of the world worthy!"

"Pete, stop saying the end of the world. I'm sure you didn't do anything that bad." "Tasha my future self came back in time to tell me I didn't have much time. And only a few hours later! I must've made some mistake." "Maybe your real mistake was not making sure you'd be able to deliver the message. I mean, really? Future you wasn't even able to stay more than a few seconds. I thought Tony taught you better than that," she teased.

Peter paled. "Tony."

"What about Tony?"

"He- shit." Peter ran towards the lab with as quick as possible.

"Peter what the hell did you do?" "Tony told me to watch his tech thingy! I said I'd-"

Boom.

"Crap."

~~~A few hours earlier~~~

"Hey, Pete do me a favour."

Peter looks up from his homework. "Yeah?"

Tony leans his weight onto the table beside him, pointing at the little device in the center. It was connected to wires and it glowed slightly.

"This right here is a prototype. I'm working on kind of a.."

Peter didn't exactly hear the rest of what Tony said.

What he did hear was that he wanted Peter to watch it, that he'd be at a meeting so that's why he needed him to, and something about it being dangerous.

That was good enough, right?

It probably would have been but the kid tried to sit down and see if it showed any signs of, well anything because he didn't hear that part either but he only lasted about 10 minutes before he remembered the snacks stashed in the cupboard, said he'd only be gone a minute, and he almost immediately forgot what he had previously been doing.

~~~Now~~~

"Huh," Peter muttered, his voice up a few octaves. "So that's what I had to do."

Distantly, he wondered how mad Tony could really be about all this. He did this all the time right?

"Christ, you really are Tony's kid," Natasha says.

"What about me ki- my god."

Peter whirls around to meet Tony's eyes.

"Hey Tony-uh- I can explain?"

Tony looks around at the remains of his lab and sighs.
"I'm grounding you," he deadpans.

"Damn. Wait, can I use the thing?" "What part of- no. No you can not."

"C'mon I can fix it! Is that how time works?"

"I don't know it was a prototype you were supposed to watch." "I forgot most of what you said and left." "Kid," he sighs exasperatedly. "Yeah sorry about that. Anyway, please."

"You're not using the basically destroyed time travel device Peter. It probably won't even work."

"Please!" "No. Answer's no."

"PLEASE-"

"NO-"

("You have to-" Peter is sucked back into the portals, back from speaking to himself from 2 hours ago. "So that didn't work."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Words- 795