266: Happily Ever After (*)

Master4thWall Note: As said last month, CG updates will be upped once more in October. From today onwards, 4~5 will be posted every week. Enjoy!

Also, if you want to read the next 25+ chapters right way or want to support me, go to: Patreon.com/Master4thWall

Chapter 266: Happily Ever After (*)

Neji first addressed to everyone that he was fine and the woman beside him— wearing nothing but jewellery, a black cape, bra and panties, was the God of Death that they knew of. Actually, maybe not the one they knew of. Jashin let him know that Gods of similar divinities exist in this universe, such as Yama and herself, both of whom are Death Gods but the former was the more popular and powerful one.

In any case, Neji then proceeded to bring everyone in the village inside his heaven— floating over the sky as he used his divine authority over the realm to make them invisible to the souls' eyes. Everyone who lost their loved ones, the villagers and even his girls watched the scene below where thousands of people wearing simple white clothes were spread throughout the cloudy land below, all gathered in small groups in front of angels who were explaining to them the situation.

"Many- no, most of them would have ended up in hell," Neji said after a while, making the people floating beside him turn to him. "But they're all in heaven now, thanks to little old me. Except for Danzo, since he destroyed his entire existence with Izanagi, no soul remained of him to bring here. There are two more people missing here, though..." Neji's voice stretched. "Teuchi, the ramen shop owner, and his daughter Ayame, both are missing. At first when I couldn't find them in the five dozen people I rescued, I thought they died and therefore we should have found them here now that I pulled all the souls in this place, but..."

Neji trailed off, making the people exchange glances.

"Teuchi?" Tsunade was the one to speak what was on everyone's mind. "Who is that?"

Neji blinked. "What?"

"Who is Teuchi?" Hanabi asked next, stopping her sobs and wiping her tears as she looked away from her father. "...Ayame too. I never heard of them before. We did have a ramen shop in the village, but isn't that the owner right there?" She pointed her finger, finding a man using her Byakugan. "You see him?"

Neji looked in the direction and found a man he didn't remember seeing in his 22 years of memories as Neji Hyuga. He opened his mouth to say something before closing it. That day, he was joking about the Sage of Six Bowls or whatever— but what the fuck?

"Forget about it," Neji shook his head in the end. He was about to speak again, but a child's voice interrupted him.

"H-hey, Onii-chan?" One of the villagers called, turning where Neji found a little boy crying as he looked at his father below, being explained the situation by an angel. "C-can I go and talk to him? Can I?"

As he spoke, everyone turned to Neji, their eyes lighting up in hope.

Neji faced everyone, all 61 survivors of Konoha excluding Jashin, Kurai, Tsunade, Yue, and the eight girls. He opened his mouth to say something before he closed it— biting his lip before sighing. "I was going to say it's better to not interact with them, that we should move on, and let the dead do the same, that it's unhealthy to not do so. But, well, how about you sacrifice your mortal lives to become a resident of this place? You'd be able to live with your loved ones, to the end of eternity."

Everyone looked shocked and exchanged glances, the first to open her mouth was Sakura, but Neji interrupted her. "No, that option isn't for you. Neither is it for Hanabi." Sakura closed her mouth and lowered her gaze in sadness, but his next words surprised her as she snapped up to look at him smiling. "You guys are special, you can go meet your deceased loved ones from time to time whenever you want, no need to sacrifice yourself."