Zabuza's Fear

Tsunade had developed a lot of doubts regarding this duo. She could just fight them and by their techniques determine who they are and which village they belong to. It would not be a surprise if this letter was from some other village that needed medical help from Tsunade. She had gotten many such requests. Even recently she had received a request from the hidden cloud village but she denied helping them before even hearing what it was about.

Tsunade opened the scroll and started reading it. Shizune and the others just kept looking at her. Even Zabuza and Haku didn't know what was written in the scroll. They all could see the change in expressions on Tsunade's face. At first, it was confusion and then a hint of sadness. By the end of the scroll, it was full-blown anger. Her face had turned red in anger. Shizune had never seen Tsunade this angry. Even ton-ton caved back in Shizune's arm. Tsunade held the scroll so tight that the fingernails had penetrated the paper. As she finished reading the scroll, Tsunade stood up and tore the scroll apart. She then proceeded to punch the biggest part of the scroll which had fallen on the floor.

BOOMMM

The entire motel shook by her punch. Haku and Shizune had to take the wall's support to keep themselves standing. Zabuza also felt a chill run down his spine. He had never seen such brute strength. 'The things I have heard about her are real. That bad temper and pure brute strength. I don't think there is any Kunoichi in the 5 villages who can defeat her. Maybe Mei from the Terumi clan can fight her but I don't think she will last long' Zabuza thought.

"HOW DARE THEY?" Tsunade said while gnashing her teeth. "He had the gall to say not to mention this to anyone...After all that has happened under his nose?" She muttered. Others were confused as to what this old beat was talking about but none of them dared to ask her. They suddenly heard someone knock on the door. This brought them all out of their trance. Haku saw that the floor and the walls had deep cracks on them due to the punch. He moved toward the door and opened it. He saw that it was the same woman that had led them to the gambling den.

The woman looked at Haku and said in a stern tone "This is no place to fight. Who will pay for the..." before she could complete she saw Tsunade and seeing her expression even made the woman a bit scared. She gulped her saliva and said "I will complain to the owner about this." and left. Seeing the angry woman, she didn't want to hang around. She could see that the cracks had developed starting from the front of that woman. Why would she mess with such a strong woman? Seeing that the woman left, Haku closed the door and looked at Shizune. He wanted to know if there was any way to calm Tsunade down. He didn't know what had gotten her angry. Zabuza felt that Tsunade would just kill these two any minute. He could flee as this was a village but he wasn't sure Haku would be able to escape. He put his hand in his kimono to unseal his sword but then Shizune said "What's wrong? Has something happened? Who was the letter from?"

Tsunade looked at Shizune and then at Zabuza and Haku. She noticed that the two mercenaries standing in front of her were completely oblivious. 'It seems there was some truth to what they said. They really don't know what was written in it. The information in this could have created many waves if they had gotten out.' Tsunade thought.

"Have you been paid in full or do I have to give you anything?" Tsunade asked. Zabuza wouldn't dare to ask the angry Tsunade for even a penny. Even if she would have told him to pay for the motel's damages, he would have done so happily. He just wanted to get away from this woman as fast as possible. "N-No...We have been paid in full already."

Tsunade took a deep breath and said "You guys can leave now and remember not to tell about this scroll to anyone." She said in a calm tone but they knew it was a clear threat.

"We don't even know what was in the scroll." Haku said. He had fought a lot of people but he had never seen someone this strong. "Don't tell anyone about even delivering this letter. Or else I will hunt you both down." Tsunade may be angry but she knew that some information must always remain confidential. She may have hated some people of the village but she didn't want her village to be in chaos.

Zabuza and Haku nodded and quickly left the room. Shizune stared at the door and muttered "We didn't even ask them their name."

Shizune had a general idea as to whether this was something related to the hidden leaf or else she wouldn't get so riled up. "Lady Tsunade, are we going back to the village?" Shizune asked to which Tsunade quickly replied "NO...NEVER"

__________________________

In the hidden leaf, for the past few days, the atmosphere had turned for the better. When no news of the bandits had come for a few days, the people had started conducting their business as usual. The preparations for the final round of the chunin exams were underway. Yami was still at home doing his usual practice and Kakashi would train Sasuke in the Uchiha compound itself. Hayate and Yugio would bring Karin to the Uchiha compound from time to time. Even Kurenai came there once. When Yami asked why she said that she needed Yami's help with something. She didn't elaborate much but Yami understood that it must be about Yakumo. Yami promised her he will come to her after the chunin exams finished. He didn't have much to do but the last thing he wanted was any kind of distraction before the finals.

At last, the day of the chunin exams finals arrived and along with it, the first change had happened as well...

---------------------------

To read 10 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://patreon.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.