did you know? - part two (requested)

The sound of knocking on your front door and your phone vibrating beside you on the mattress awoke you from your sleep.

Groggily, you felt around for your phone until you found it.

Your eyes were too heavy to look and see who it was but you just figured it was someone from your label or one of your staff members.

"Hello?" You sleepily mumbled to the person that was calling.

"Y/N,"

But it wasn't.

It was Jihyo.

"I know it's five am but I needed to talk to you. I'm outside. Can I come in?"

You were conflicted because you figured she saw clips from your vlive that fans were bound to post and share and the thought of hearing her confirm her relationship with Daniel to you was something you didn't want.

But she was standing outside your house at five in the morning and so you figured whatever she felt that she needed to say was something you needed to hear.

"Yeah." You said as you rubbed your eyes.

You ended the call and put your phone on your bed before swinging your legs over your bed.

You were much more awake now than you were before and you couldn't deny that you felt nervous just thinking about what she may be here for.

You got out of bed and went to the front door to let her inside and the first thing you saw was her sad brown eyes.

She stepped inside and after you closed the door, you sat down beside her on the sofa.

"What's going on?"

"I know it's early but I know you have a busy schedule and so do we, so I came here so we could talk before you'd have to get ready and go." She explained.

"Okay." You said, nodding understandingly. "Is everything okay?"

"Not really." She said as she stared at your lap, watching as you anxiously played with your fingers. "I saw your vlive last night."

Oh, no.

"Oh."

"And I wanted to clarify everything."

"Jihyo, you don't have to do that." You spoke as you looked up from your lap and into her eyes. "Really. I'm happy for you."

"No, you're not."

Your heart was starting to sink deep in your chest.

You didn't want her to see right through you when you said that but being so close and knowing you like the back of her hand, it was bound to happen.

"You look just as sad now as you did in the vlive last night when you saw the comments."

You struggled to find the words to say because so many things were going through your mind and you didn't know where to start.

"Please, before you say anything, let me explain. Daniel and I were involved before but not anymore. I don't know where people got that from. But you know how people are. Someone starts a rumor and people run with it."

"So... it's not true?"

"No." She chuckled. "Not at all. I'm not into him like that anymore. I don't know who started this or why they did it but I promise you, it's not real. Daniel and I are not dating."

Well... that was interesting.

Because that meant that now you have to explain why you seemed so down and upset about her being with him.