PTSD

•Steve•

I walked to the training room, something I often did when I was stressed. As I approached I heard the chain of the punching bag rattling. I pressed the button and the door slid open, she was there aggressively kicking and punching the bag.

"Can't sleep?" I asked, startling her

"I never do" she said plainly

"Why's that"

"Banner says its PTSD" she said taking off the boxing gloves

"Likewise"

"What happened to you?"

"I don't like to talk about it, you?"

"Let's just say they call it PTSD for a reason"

I nodded In agreement.

"How'd you become what you are?"

"What I am? Do you mean a villain"

""You're not bad"

"I'm not neccasarily good either"

"I think you are "

"Have you seen the things I've done"

"I've seen them alright, I can recognize a good person when i see them. There's justification for what you've done" I said, I can see where she was coming from even if I didn't know the reason behind it.

"Why'd you do it" I asked looking up at her

"You don't want to know"

"I do other wise I wouldn't have asked"

She took a deep breath and then steadied the punching bag.

"I was 21 with my whole life ahead of me, and they kidnapped me. They had me train under a master assassin, they made me kill the other girls" she got teary eyed for a second but then pushed it away "and when I was the only one left they did experiments on me, they failed miserably."

A single tear slide down her cheek

"It was the most unbearable pain, and it turned me into a monster" she said wiping the tear away "I killed them for what they did to me"

She looked me in the eye "I want to take down the whole damn agency, they are a Parasites"

"And fury was worried that you wouldn't be on our side" I laughed at the thought

"I just want to do what's right" she said.

"Well it seems that we got off on the wrong foot" I held out my hand "I'm Steve"

She took it and smiled at me "I'm kat"

"Kat, that's an unusual name"

"It's short for Katherine"

"Do you mind if I call you Katherine? It's a beautiful name"

"Wouldn't mind at all cap"