267: True Identity

Chapter 267: True Identity

Kurenai had mixed feelings about the recent things that happened around her.

First, her child was killed inside her stomach, but was then revived by Neji Hyuga who revealed he was a God. Not only that, in return for reviving Mirai, he asked her to serve him...

As for what sort of 'serving' he wanted from her... Kurenai hadn't honestly given much thought to those words. She was happy with her daughter alive, and she was busy helping the little girl get used to her surroundings. She looked like a 10-year-old, but in her mind she was just born yesterday, she didn't know anything so Kurenai had to give extra attention to her. Thankfully, due to her developed brain— or perhaps because of Neji's blessing earlier, Mirai was learning faster. She could already walk, and even almost speak sentences!

Kurenai wished to see Asuma, she wanted to show what their daughter was capable of— she wanted to share her feelings with him. He was Mirai's father, after all.

But... as Kurenai watched the scene ahead of her, she felt that may not be very true for Mirai.

"Ahaha! N-no it ticklesh!" Mirai laughed, flapping around in Neji's arms as he tickled her with a smile. "Shtop! Shtop! Pa!"

Kurenai held back a sigh as the little girl referred to him as her father for the umpteenth time. Neji told her not to by himself, and she did listen most of the time— but when excited, her instincts came out.

The worst thing was that Kurenai couldn't bring herself to teach Mirai that he wasn't her father. He did give life into her in a way

"Papa! You are cheating on me!"

Then there was the cat who looked jealous of Mirai...

Kurenai sighed.

—-—

Neji could feel Kurenai's emotions through their connection of God-&-Believer. But he had no fix for this problem— he was never good with these types of things anyway.

He handed Mirai to her mother a few minutes later when Arima entered the room, making everyone in God's Palace present in the living room.

"Now that everyone is here," Neji said, standing beside a whiteboard while facing all the girls and women sitting on the floor. "I should explain what your life is now."

He waited three seconds to allow anyone to ask anything, but when nobody did he continued. "Let's start with— yes, I ama God, in case you are still confused. A real, full-fledged deity who can do most of the things you imagine a God should be capable of doing. That is me." he pointed at himself. "My current goal is to expand my religion, kind of like the Goddess Jashin you met yesterday, excluding all the gore and stuff her believers tend to commit. My ultimate goal is to spread my religion to the entire world and therefore kill discrimination to its root. One thing I agree with Pain is that the world can only be at peace when under the rule of a single person— in this case, that would be me."

Neji knew how grandeur his words sounded, but they were true. If everyone wholeheartedly believed in the ruling of a single person, all sorts of war and discrimination will cease to exist. Well, unless Neji wanted them to happen, but these girls didn't need that information.

At first, Neji was planning to bring an end to this world— just as he did to his former world— that'd have given him lots of level-ups. But now with the possibility of earning divinity points by making them all his believers, that could be considered a somewhat substitute for the levels he would have gained otherwise.