Chapter Thirty-Four: Trap Card

The minute we got back from our lunch, we were immediately showered with a new kind of adoration as they said words to congratulate us. I was thoroughly confused, even so when George came marching up to us and squeeze our shoulders, grinning like a proud father, "It finally happened."

We looked at each in confusion other before staring up at him, "What are you talking about?"

"It's all over the social media," Adam finally came, "Practically everybody knows what happened."

And to give further proof, he took out his phone and showed us his screen, it was true, the pictures of us surfaced all around the internet and it hasn't been an hour yet.

George released us from his grasp, "I was always betting that you two would get together, I was worried since it was the last day of filming and nothing has happened yet," he chuckled, being a little bit too honest there, "But I'm just glad."

He started to walk away and that's when I finally turned back to Adam. I fidgeted under his gaze, but like always, he was showing me that smile that took all of my worries away.

I was so bummed out since I wanted to be the one to inform him about this new development.

"Soph's quite a handful," his words were directed to Axel, but he was looking straight into my eyes, "But please take care of her."

Was it possible for your heart to just melt?

I smiled up to my best friend, mouthing, "Thank you," to him. Axel nodded but he still gave him a look which I couldn't comprehend.

"Break's over," the director announced, calling over the casts that was needed for the scene. Since Axel and I are free until later this afternoon, it means that we would be idle for some time. Also, I missed out on lunch with Adam so this gives me a perfect opportunity to go back with the planning.

We started to walk back to my dressing room, but on the way there, Axel grabbed my arm, making me move from my position next to Adam to my current spot beside him.

"Yes?" I questioned as I noticed that he finally slowed down from his fast walk.

"Nothing," he muttered as he still continued with his pace.

We reached my dressing room and Axel started to sulk like a young boy at the corner. I turned to Adam and he gave me the same look - we were both clueless on what's with the sudden mood change.

"Am I third-wheeling?" Adam asked dumbly, observing the guy that's now seated near my desk.

Shaking my head, I replied, "Of course not."

Though I think Axel has a different view on that matter.

"Should I leave?" he spouted another question, and just like the first one, I shook my head.

"Just talk about whatever you need to talk about," Axel suddenly snapped his words towards us, "I'll wait until you two are done."

This is a trap card!

If I go on with my business with Adam, it will create a bigger problem that it already is. His resentment will grow bigger and the next thing I know, we have another fight.

Nope, I'm not going there again.

Before I opened my mouth, a man knocked on my door and took a peek to glance at Axel, "Axel Brooks, the director is calling for you."

We exchanged a look and after a while, he nodded and pushed himself up from the chair, following the said man out of the room.

"Something's bothering him," I muttered, eyeing the doorway in which where he walked out.