Sneaky Group

The day the finals were held, Yami woke up late than usual. As he woke up, he heard voices from the hall. He didn't want to use his enhanced hearing when he wasn't even fully awake. Yawning Yami opened the door and stepped into the hall. As the looked in front, the first thing that came to his mind was 'You were supposed to die yesterday.'

In front of him stood Hayate with Yugao. Yami looked around and asked "Where is Karin?" Yugao looked up and said "She is with Anko. They have become quite good friends in the past few days. Today morning Anko insisted on taking her shopping." Kakashi looked at Hayate and said "I never thought you would be this good at taking care of a kid. Are you perhaps preparing yourself for one?" he asked in a teasing tone causing Hayate to be flustered and Yugao to look down in embarrassment. The slight blush on her cheek was noticed by everyone. Kakashi looked back at Yami and said "Come on sleepyhead go get ready. We will leave in half n hour." Yami nodded and went back to his team.

'Was Hayate's death avoided completely or did someone else die in his place? But this could be a good thing for me. If no one died yesterday listening to Baki's discussion with others then no one from our village would be on alert which may make the entire process of Hiruzen's death smooth.' Yami thought as he looked out of the window.

"Hiruzen you always used to say that whatever you are doing is for the betterment of the hidden leaf. Now for the betterment of the same village, I need you to die." Yami muttered as he left to get ready for the finals.

After half n hour, Kakashi along with the Uchiha brothers entered the venue for the finals. There was still some time for the finals to start but the stadium was almost full of people. As Yami entered the stands he saw Kurenai and Asuma chatting. Kakashi smirked as he saw this and started walking toward the couple. Both Yami and Sasuke knew what Kakashi was going to do.

"Ahem...were you both so engrossed that you forgot to bring your students?" this made Kurenai quickly turn and give Kakashi a stink eye while Asuma just stepped back and looked around for his students. "I don't see you with your students Kakashi." Kurenai questioned. Kakashi shrugged and said "Naruto will be here on time. No one is as excited as that kid. Sakura on the other hand will come with Ino."

Asuma then looked at Sasuke and Yami and said "It wouldn't be bad if you two showed some excitement as well." Sasuke held the hilt of his sword and said "I am excited. I am just waiting to find out who my opponent will be." Sasuke said clearly showing the excitement that he wanted to hide. "What about you Yami?" Kurenai asked.

"What he said" Yami said and started looking elsewhere. This was like cold water thrown on Kurenai who wanted to see the same excitement in Yami. Asuma and Kakashi couldn't help but giggle at the ugly expression Kurenai had made after hearing Yami's answer.

Yami was actually looking around the entire stadium trying to find Kabuto or any other sound ninjas. He knew he needed to get rid of the pests so they cause unwanted problems during the main show.

Yami knew that Kabuto will be dressed as an Anbu guard. Due to the mask, it was going to be quite hard to find him and Yami wasn't good enough to pinpoint a person just based on the person's smell. He had never focused on his enhanced nose as much as he did on hearing and vision. Yami was able to figure out some of the sound ninjas. Some were even dressed as civilians. He saw that a group of them were sitting near the entrance.

'They want to block the exit which will create more chaos and bloodshed.' Yami thought. It was a fairly simple but effective strategy.

Yami looked back at his brother and Kakashi and saw that some more people had also joined the group. Guy, Lee, Sakura, and Team Asuma. Sasuke walked closer to his brother and tried to look at what Yami was looking at and asked "What are you so engrossed in for the past 5-10 minutes?"

"Ummm....just wanted to see where can we sit to get a better view?" Yami said. "So did you find a place?" Kakashi asked. Even though Sasuke and Yami were brothers, they would hardly talk. They only spoke when there was something important. Sasuke would break that pattern of rare occasions but Yami wouldn't.

Yami pointed at some empty seats above the exit and said "I think this would be the best place for us to sit."

Kakashi didn't reply instantly and stared at the place for a second or two and said "If you think so then let's go." The whole group got seated in the stands above the exit. Team Kurenai and Naruto hadn't come yet. Kakashi was going to go search for Naruto but then they heard a big shout about defeating Sasuke and they understood the loudmouth had arrived.

"What took you so long?" Sasuke asked Naruto in a scolding manner. "I ran into Shino and Kiba. They said that Hinata was coming along with Neji, her younger sister Hanabi and her dad. So they are waiting for them and as none of them made it to the finals, they aren't in much of a hurry.

"I wonder why Lord Hiashi is coming to watch the finals?"Kurenai asked. She knew how strict the patriarch was. Neither Neji nor Hinata had passed the Preliminaries. Asuma had a probable theory for that but he then saw everyone looking in a direction and standing up.

"Hokage-sama is here." Kakashi said and stood up as well. Hiruzen and Orochimaru disguised as the Kazekage walked and sat at the highest seats.

"Let us not take more time and start with the final round of the chunin exams."

------------------------------

To read 10 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://patreon.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.