Ethereal (Fem Angel Reader)

Quick summary (Also Slight TW for religious themes): basically you're an angel who who was punished by God for sinning. (Specifically lust cuz idk) as punishment, you were sent to live the rest of eternity in the Uncanny Valley. You bump into John doe, you fall in love, yadda yadda yadda you get the gist now ONTO THE ACTUAL STORY!!!

Y/N POV
One moment I had been kneeling before God himself, and now I was falling from heaven. I used to be God's favorite angel, always keeping track of earth's sinners and deciding their fate. But the idea of sin was irresistible. In heaven, I read millions of documents of the newly deceased to decide their fate. During my visits on earth, I had fallen in love with a human, and failed to resist the temptation of lust. For that I was punished, and my lover was as well.

Now I was being banished from heaven for all eternity. I was never told where I was going to end up. I had been falling for a very long time, waiting for some sort of impact to arrive. I tried to fly, but my wings seemed to stop working. I figured this was a part of the punishment God had given me so I couldn't fly back to heaven. Suddenly, I heard a loud splashing sound, and everything went dark.

Once I had awoken, my body felt as if I was floating. Not in the air, but in water. I opened my eyes, surrounded by a dark and murky body of water. I quickly swam up to the surface. I reached my hand out to grabbed the ground above, and climbed out of the water. I took a good look around. The water I was in earlier was a lake, next to a large sign that read: "Welcome to Uncanny Valley!"

That's odd. I had never seen or heard of Uncanny Valley. It was never on any of the maps that God had shown me. Was I even on earth? Saving those thoughts for later, I walked past the sign and into the unknown city. I was soaking wet, the bottoms of my clothing tattered from the copious amount of sticks and sharp rocks beneath my feet. As I ventured further into the city, I noticed it had seemed the distorted and nonsensical, the tall buildings appearing to be swaying in what little wind there was.

After about an hour, I had ended up downtown judging by the street signs. A tall man in a red jacket with grey hair approached me. "Hello dear buyer! I am Maison Talo, Uncanny Valley's number one realtor! Are you interested in buying a new home?" He asked. "I don't want to buy a house. I don't have any money, and I'm very busy as well!" I said flatly, speed-walking away. I noticed the other pedestrians on the street. They looked incredibly... odd, to say the least. Distracted, I bumped into someone, falling backwards.

John Doe POV
I was walking down the street when suddenly, someone had walked into me, causing her to fall down. "I'm so sorry, let me-" I said, trailing off. I took one good look at her, and I blushed. She was beautiful, she almost looked angelic. Her clothes were slightly tattered, and her elbow was scraped. I looked into her eyes, and she looked into mine. I held my hand out and she took it, helping herself off the ground.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention. I was trying to avoid a realtor." She said. I assumed the realtor in question was Maison. "I've never seen you before. What brings you here? Are you new to the Valley?" I asked, and she nodded. "I was banished from- uh... My house! I didn't pay rent because it was too expensive... You know how it is." She replied. Something told me she was lying, but I didn't question it. Regardless, she looked like she needed a place to stay.

"I know we just met, but do you want to stay at my place for a while?" I asked. She nodded. "I suppose so. Everyone else here seems rather strange. I say you're the most normal person I've encountered." She responded. I took that as a compliment. "I forgot to ask, what's your name? Mine's John Doe." I asked. "It's Y/N. Do you prefer John or Doe?" She asked. "Either's fine. Should we go back to my place now or...?" I asked in response. She nodded, and we started walking to my house.