CHAPTER 13: Broken

He moved like a lifeless body when the officers dragged him mercilessly. He didn't speak a word.

How can he? When his whole life shattered within few seconds.

He was in a daze. It's beyond his imagination that someone could be that much evil to play with his emotions like that.

Also that someone is none other than his Mira. The girl whom he loves more than anything. For whom he can die thousand times.

Everything gets clear infront of his eyes. The wave of lies slowly unveiled infront of his eyes.

She did this with a proper planning.

Everything was preplanned.

She played with his emotions very well. She is successful in breaking his heart into millions of pieces.

Anurag chuckled humourlessly when the officers kicked him inside the jail.

He stood motionless. He is not even feeling any pain. Because he is numb.

Sometimes the pain is too much to feel. It automatically shuts the sensation. Right now he felt just like that.

His 13 years love has ruined him beyond repair.

The officers bind his legs and arms and hang him upside down. His head is paining.

Then one after one lashing came on his back. He understood that it's all planned. The officers are just performing because they have been bribed by someone.

Anurag clattered his teeth to suppress his painful groans. They kept on beating and cursing him.

He didn't even remember when they stopped. But he clearly felt that he is bleeding. The scars he got today is nothing compared to the scars of his inside.

His aunty and Tiya came infront of the bar. They cried furiously after seeing his bleeding state. They were literally begging to the officers to stop.

"Get out old bitch....if you want him out of the jail, then arrange a lawyer"- one of the officer said.

"I have no money....please I'm begging you leave my son...look I'm giving you this....this is made of gold....my husband gave this to me...."

This time a lone of tear escaped from Anurag's eyes when he found aunt begging to the officers like that.

He felt like to chock himself after seeing his aunt's state. This woman always protected him and gave motherly love and what he gave her in return?

This humiliation?

"Aunty, go away....I'm fine"- he spoke finally.

His voice is not coming out.

Kalindi cried more. She hold the bar.

"Don't worry Anu....I'm here...i will do something...."- she cried so much.

Anurag also smiled in pain. He deserves this actually. He never understood the difference between true love and fake love. He always ran after a deceptive mirage. Today he got the reality check.

Tiya on the other side came outside unable to bear the state of his brother. She cried out by holding her mouth. Her heart is breaking so much.

She found a officer and grabbed his feet.

"Please sir...save him....please...I'm begging you...."- she cried and hiccuped.

The officer held her arms and picked her up.

"Don't cry....i will do something....meet me in this address, okay"- he unexpectedly spoke so softly.

Tiya stared at him with shock. She never expected that someone will talk to her that much gently and will also agree to help her. She smiled and thanked him multiple times.